Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW this....support group!

Have any of you had any luck with Chase/Circuit City card?  They wrote back a very long (very cordial) personalized (?) letter - but said they were required to report the info.   I know they aren't, so I wrote back a very long cordial letter - more begging included this time)..    not sure if it will work though.
Message 21 of 378
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

goingplaces wrote:
I'm with you. Capitol One is the only ones that won't GW. I've tried disputing and calling with no luck. I sent a GW letter a month ago with no response.  The bad thing is that my two accounts that were paid charge offs are due to fall off in Sept. and Dec. of 09.  You would think they would just let it go early....but nooooo. They don't forgive or forget.  I want to send three letters a day to them so count me in as a club member.

Goingplaces...  right there with ya on "CrapOne" as I have started calling them...  Mine are from 2005, and not set to fall off tile 2012! YIKES! I will send letters everyday for the next 4 years if I must... God they are hard to deal with... You know it would be easier to accept my $$ than to deal with send me back letters... ha ha ha...

I have even tried to pull some stings here at my office with contact I personally have over there (my company is a direct staffing provider to CrapOne) but to no avail, they refuse to budge even ONE SINGLE INCH! I suppose I will just have to kill a tree trying!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 378
PippiLongstockingWannabe
Valued Member

I'm new to the boards but I've been trying to clean up my credit on and off for a while now.

I was very pleasantly surprised to find my scores in the 600s (655/619/659) instead of the 500s but I learned in yesterday's perusing of the boards that all those times I was late paying counted for a lot more than I realized. I never knew that it was 35%!!

So now I'm joining the mission to try and GW those late payments off my record. Targets are GMAC, an auto loan I've paid off, but was late a couple times due to employment fluctuations.

My credit union for the same reason though on the 2nd loan with them was due to misapplied payments. I'm optimistic about at the very least, getting the 2nd CU loan dings cleared off since I remember (but have no documentation) speaking with the CSR who corrected the payment applications.

Since it's my CU, they may be willing to knock off the other ones too? I've been paying properly for almost a year now.

GMAC... might be a long shot but can't hurt to try! They were the first ones to give me credit after I ruined my credit in college... complete with 0% financing!

Is there any particularly good draft samples of a GW to send? I want to write and send off the first round today!

Message Edited by PippiLongstockingWannabe on 05-14-2008 01:43 PM
5/13/08: EQ: 619 TU: 659 EX: 655
7/20/09: EQ: 647
8/13/09: EQ: 697 TU: 720
7/26/10: BOUGHT MY FIRST HOUSE
10/15/10: EQ: 741
2011: lost my job due to disability
2014: foreclosure but fighting it.
2015: House saved!

2022: zero cards,
Message 23 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

Or how about the IOASOGWWNTNFAAAWBDUOCIF.............the International Organization and Society of GWrs Who Never Take "No" For An Answer and Won't Be Denied Until Our Credit Is Fixed. Almost catchy, but not quite.

Yeah... let's go with this one.

I'll bring some desserts to go with that coffee. Have only had luck with one GW so far.

I've heard that using colored paper makes someone more likely to read or respond to your letter. Any thoughts on this? You know, one week it's pink paper, the next week it's green...
Message 24 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I not only sent out my GW's for the week - but I sent out 10 letters to various creditors - 7 past, 3 current - asking them to report to all 3 bureaus. I really hope I can get the past ones added - most of those accounts are from the mid - late 90's which would improve my length of credit history. They are currently reporting - just not to all 3 bureaus.

Fingers crossed..  sometimes there's more than one way to skin a cat!
Message 25 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

tibit...great job... you get a Im a ficoholic bumper sticker for all you efforts today, and a ribbon for the most letters! he he he

I got two dispute as inaccurate information letters faxed I found the orignal bill showing DOFD/DOLA and it is not the same as on the report... he he he Paid it in 2004 and they refuse to GW delete, but the OC said she would give the okay to take it off. hoping the dont answer...

Another PFD to reliant recovary for my western dentel bill.... hopefully they answer I really want this off! it was my newest collection in 2006. faxed

1 MOV with documentation to a previosuly investigated item that experian couldnt be bothered with... 150 lates from 2003 when my Student loan was in derferment. faxed

6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 26 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally am a ficoholic! I never realized until this past year how much these scores affect your life. I went through a couple of rough patches after my divorce in 2000. My (now) hubby had his credit destroyed by the court system during his divorce from 2003 - 2005. Now.. I am subscribed to true credit for the both of us.. I get up every morning, get a shower for work, and then update our TC reports before I go to work lol How sad is that? lol
Message 27 of 378
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

not sad at all.... I grab some coffee and head on in to the computer.  Glad to see you getting on track. My major patch came when my second was born his dad an I split when he was two months... bills or taking care of my kids???? hummm Kids won. I then got into another rough patch when we first started our buisness in the begining stages... lots of money going out and no medical for us.... Ive been good since 2005 but so wish I would have found these sites before hand.

So who is GW today, what letters what accounts are you working on???
Im going to pick up my MIL from the airport this am so wont be around but I want to hear about some letters hitting the post box when I get back... speaking of the mailman... Ive been stalking him lately for my new CCs and responces to the disputes.... anyone eles stalk the mail man/women? 
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 28 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

PippiLongstockingWannabe wrote:
So now I'm joining the mission to try and GW those late payments off my record. Targets are GMAC, an auto loan I've paid off, but was late a couple times due to employment fluctuations.

GMAC... might be a long shot but can't hurt to try! They were the first ones to give me credit after I ruined my credit in college... complete with 0% financing!

Message Edited by PippiLongstockingWannabe on 05-14-2008 01:43 PM

Hey Pippi...we had success w/ GMAC auto on DH's report.  He cosigned for his sister and two late payments showed.  We called (closed in 2004 I think).  They had no record anymore so we disputed with cra's and the acct was deleted.
Message 29 of 378
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

So yesterday I sent out (These are not all GW's but letters none the less letter to help my score)

1. A DV to HSBC for a card I don't remember having, and cannot track down a CA and nothing is on my CR

2. GW People Energy ( 2-30 day lates, 4-60day lates and 11-120+ day lates! ) Lets hope they remove... I blamed my roommate (it was her responsibility afterall) and that I should not be impacted by her lack of responsibility!

3. GW to CreditOne Bank to remove a 30 day late from Feb 2008

4&5. 2 GW to CapitalOne for 2 Charge Offs I had back in 2005/2006

Today letters:

1. DV to NextCard (They may be out of business) though I may just dispute thru TU...Advice here
2. Receivables Performance- GW to remove collection from Experian
          2.5- Sending GW letter to original Creditor to allow for removal :-)
3. Credit Protection Agency- GW to remove Collection from Ex and TU
4. Professional Recovery- GW to remove from EQ and EX
5. Stassinos Law office- GW to remove from EX

(Most of these used to report to all 3, but thru disp and GW's i have gotten lots removed from 2/3 CR...)

Goals by August:
1. 0 Collection on all 3 CR;s
2. 0 Lates
3. 2 CO's on credit report
4. 0% utl (I am at 5%, but just need to figure out the reporting system of the CR's so I always have a 0 bal.)

Hopefully this will move me up to the 700 Club! PLease say it will!

Message Edited by bridgetkaryn on 05-15-2008 07:28 AM
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.