Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyway

So I have used credit repair companies in the past and while they have all worked in different ways I haven't gotten the results wanted or promised. Couple of questions.

I was told to consolidate my student loans so that the ones showing late could be removed. All of my loans have been consolidated and are on time and never been late with the consolidation. Is there anyway to get the negative ones removed from my credit report? What steps do I need to take to do that?

Is there anyway to get debts that Ive settled removed from my credit report?

I would like to do all this on my own without hiring a company.

TIA for any help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Is there anyway

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have used credit repair companies in the past and while they have all worked in different ways I haven't gotten the results wanted or promised. Couple of questions.

I was told to consolidate my student loans so that the ones showing late could be removed. All of my loans have been consolidated and are on time and never been late with the consolidation. Is there anyway to get the negative ones removed from my credit report? What steps do I need to take to do that?

Is there anyway to get debts that Ive settled removed from my credit report?

I would like to do all this on my own without hiring a company.

TIA for any help.

Hi and welcome to the forums 

The negatives you want removed, are they reporting accurately? 

If they are, there is nothing to dispute. Disputing correct info may quite possibly  lead to validation and further score drop. 

If they are not reporting accurately, feel free to dispute. It will not lead to deletion but to correction. 

Depending on type of student loans, you may want to try GW removal. As with anything student loan related, it may be an uphill battle. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgive my ignorance but this is all new to me what is a GW campaign?

Message 3 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 4 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

In essence, it's writing ,begging and pleading while explaining the circumstances under which derogs happened and asking if they would be so kind to delete. That's the basic idea.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Goodwill Campaign, basically asking the companies to forgive you & remove negative info.

Did you rehab your student loans or just consolidate them? When you rehab them, you make 9-10 payments in a row without missing a payment. In exchange the creditor basically closes all your old files and marks them as "Closed- Paid Satisfactorily", with all negative data deleted. They then open a new file that is free of any history.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.