cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery says they now do PFD!!! Is this possible?

Let’s see. I will post an update. Its been 13 days since I paid. Not happy with that!
Message 21 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Let’s see. I will post an update. Its been 13 days since I paid. Not happy with that!

From their website:

Your account will be considered paid-in-full or paid-in-full for less than the full balance after your final payment is successfully posted. Within approximately 30 days of your final payment successfully posting, we will request the credit reporting agencies delete the PRA tradeline related to your account from your credit bureau report.

So why are you unhappy?

Message 22 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like previously stated, the information on there website is accurate as I have had 1 deleted as did my wife. 

I disputed mine as I lack patience and I included a screenshot of thier policy and had no problem removing the account from all 3 CRAs.

Personally I think its a smart move on PRAs part and wish more CAs would follow suit!!

Cheers!

Message 23 of 66
Brookenic84
New Contributor

How long did it take for it to be removed from your wife’s credit report?
December 2018

As of 3/25/2019

Message 24 of 66
Brookenic84
New Contributor

I just paid one. Took 13 days for it to be finalized according to the pra site. Right after that it was updated on my credit report as settled in full for less. I’m now waiting on a removal. I’m also impatient and am tempted to dispute. I’m going to try to relax and just let it happen.
December 2018

As of 3/25/2019

Message 25 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brookenic84 wrote:
I just paid one. Took 13 days for it to be finalized according to the pra site. Right after that it was updated on my credit report as settled in full for less. I’m now waiting on a removal. I’m also impatient and am tempted to dispute. I’m going to try to relax and just let it happen.

Hers took 45ish days. 

Message 26 of 66
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

A dispute takes 30 days so wouldn’t you just be restarting the 30 day clock for disputing it?

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 27 of 66
Brookenic84
New Contributor

Total or after it was finalized
December 2018

As of 3/25/2019

Message 28 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplegirl wrote:

A dispute takes 30 days so wouldn’t you just be restarting the 30 day clock for disputing it?

No. The CRA is required to give all parties involved 30 days i.e. the lender. More times then not my disputes have been resolved within a week or two. I ususally always provide supporting documents to verify my dispute or claim and it's handled sooner.

Again, speaking from my own personal experience only and I am not a FICO pro by any means. Just an avid MyFico reader and 180 point increase in 8 month type of guySmiley Happy 

Every profile is different as is every dispute or interaction with the CRAs.

Message 29 of 66
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

A someone earlier mentioned, PRA's procedure is to update the status to the CRAs within 10 days as PAID & SETTLED. They'll subsequently request the CRAs delete the tradeline within 30 days. The key word is request becauase it can (and does) take the CRAs several days to remove. In my case EX and TU were deleted on day 29. EQ was removed on day 35.

TLDR Be patient. Don't Dispute. It will be gone soon enough. 

Message 30 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.