Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Hard Inquiries From CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Hard Inquiries From CR

I applied for a car loan about 7-8 months ago and I just checked my credit report.  They made 6 hard inquiries to get the loan approved.  Is there any way to get this reduced to 1?  Also, there is a mistake inquiry which I need removed too ... Any advice on routes to take?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing Hard Inquiries From CR

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a car loan about 7-8 months ago and I just checked my credit report.  They made 6 hard inquiries to get the loan approved.  Is there any way to get this reduced to 1?  Also, there is a mistake inquiry which I need removed too ... Any advice on routes to take?

All INQS for things like auto loan are only factored as one INQ if it happened in the same time period. So it is only showing as one in the FICO model anyway.

And there is no way real effective way to remove them. You authorized it, they will be there for the full 2 years.

Plus, trying to remove INQS, for the minimal damage they cause, is more pain than it is worth.  Trying to remove INQs almost always causes a fraud alert, which you will have to call and remove each time. Trust me, been there, done that haha..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
426MW
New Contributor

Re: Removing Hard Inquiries From CR

Let me second the fraud alert comment on INQ disputes.  Got the fraud alert removed from TU and EQ but EX....effin jerks!!

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.