Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responding to CA trying to collect paid debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Responding to CA trying to collect paid debt

Recieved an initial letter from a collection agency on Friday attempting to collect on a paid medical bill. 30 days to request validation, etc. 

I paid the bill off to the doctor's office a couple of months ago. I have the original invoice, receipt of payment in full, and supporting bank account statement. All the account information and amount due matches up. 

Is there any particular verbage I need to respond with? Hasn't hit my credit reports and I intend to keep it that way. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Responding to CA trying to collect paid debt

I would reply with copies of your proof. Call them and tell them the situation and get an address to mail your proof. Send it CMRRR, and screenshot the proof of delivery. If they're mouth-breathers and try to post on your reports after receiving the proof, disputing it off with the bureaus should be simple.

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I always say go to the source. Jump in the car and go back to the MD's office and show your proof you paid and jump on them for why did you send this to collections. Face the ones who entered this into a CA's control. And demand that they remove the collections. Face the culprits I say.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I always say go to the source. Jump in the car and go back to the MD's office and show your proof you paid and jump on them for why did you send this to collections. Face the ones who entered this into a CA's control. And demand that they remove the collections. Face the culprits I say.

Hey, Blueshadowson.  I agree with FireMedic.  If they started it, then they can end it!

"A teacher is never a giver of truth—he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself. A good teacher is merely a catalyst." - Bruce Lee

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.