cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selflender Credit card (no credit check)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selflender Credit card (no credit check)

I don't know if it's new or if I just never heard about it before, but Selflender offers a credit card that is secured by your installment loan payments to them.  There is no credit check for the credit card.  Even when your installment loan is paid off, the card stays active.  It's an excellent way for someone with bad or no credit to get a credit card (without a hard inquiry).

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Selflender Credit card (no credit check)

I have an installment loan with them but I can’t find the credit card you mentioned. I must be overlooking it somewhere throughout the website.
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 43
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's not just the card, I had it happen with my pre-qualifiied credit line. For example, I was pre-qualified for $1000. I wanted to buy something that had a 0% offer. I was approved for the 0% offer, but didn't use my entire pre-qualified line of $1000. There was no hard inquiry and the unused portion was still available for use. As I paid the loan, the available credit was increased by each payment amount. My account with them is basically acting like PayPal credit at this point. It could be a fluke, but I'm not planning to take any new loans to test it.

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had an account with them for 6 or 7 months now (with a small $25 per month payment). Maybe after so many payments, they send the invite for the card.  I hadn't heard that they had one prior, but all the sudden, they provided a link, and in seconds, they said the card was on the way.  It'll lower my ave age of accounts, but also build my payment history up quicker, over time. Just my take on it. They also said the min credit limit was $100, so you have to have at least that much paid into it (my limit's a tiny $150).   Still seems like a good rebuiding tool, as far as payments.

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

self.png

Message 6 of 43
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

Yup, its true! I just ordered my card yesterday. Its a no brainer for secured card. Wish there were more like these!

Good luck on your rebuilding journey, I’m looking at a very strict 2020. Intend on doing a 360 with my credit 💪🏽
Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to be in good standing and have at least 100.00 in your account.
Message 8 of 43
d170
Regular Contributor

My only thought is, what happens when you've outgrown this card and want to close it?  Does anyone think this card would graduate to an unsecured option at some point?  I see Self Lender/Card spoken highly of and in a facebook group someone said they had 1,500 loan with them.  That seems like a like on a secured card that might now grow into something better. 

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 9 of 43
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

.@d170 unfortunately it doesn’t graduate. But for those (like me) who have no other option for a cc, its a great rebuild or starter card
Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.