Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I send dispute with EQ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I send dispute with EQ?

Triad car repo is showing 12 90-day lates with EQ, whereas none by EX.

Account history as shown by EX:  30-days as of 06/2005, 60-days as of 07/2005, Repo as of 08/2005, Charge off as of 11/2006 to 03/2008. 

I suspect this is one of the reasons why my EQ score is so low.  Should I dispute or not? 

Message Edited by workmywayup on 05-04-2008 03:12 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I send dispute with EQ?

No. Don't dispute unless you know beyond any doubt, and can prove it, that the car wasn't repo'd or CO'd. One danger in disputing is an erasure of account (can lose important history). Another is updated lates either by the OC adding more lates, or changing or updating a status which could cause a score to drop. Moreover, the account could update to where FICO is seeing it as a new account causing a large drop in score.

If the balance is $0, send Triad a GW letter. If you tried that, do it again and again and again and again until you bug them enough to cause a change.

If the balance isn't $0, offer a PFD to have it deleted.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I send dispute with EQ?

I have a copy of my Equifax credit report and it shows it has been on charge off status since 12/2005, so I was just wondering where did they got the info of 90day lates.  EX shows one 30-day and one 60-day lates, but no 90-days.
CA offered 85% settlement offer for this account, which I took and I'm now in a payment plan.               

Message Edited by workmywayup on 05-04-2008 04:53 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.