Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU dispute request disappeared as if not submitted? - UPDATED

tag
myfico5378
New Contributor

TU dispute request disappeared as if not submitted? - UPDATED

I submitted a dispute last month with 7 items to be corrected.   TU updated a BofA account that was IIB in 06/02 as CLOSED 04/08 instead of 06/02 as all of the other accounts are (including another BofA account!).  As you might guess, myfico interprets this as a recent late since the closed date is only 3 months ago and dropped my TU score 65 points.  I thought about just letting it go since I'm not planning on applying for credit until next year and these will drop off next year anyway, but decided to dispute it because it's not fair or accurate!  I immediately disputed so when I logged into the TU dispute page, I could see the completed dispute results and my new dispute which hadn't been completed yet.  That was on 6/26/08.  I've checked every day or two since then to see if it had been completed and corrected and as of yesterday it still showed on the page, but was not completed.  Today, that dispute request is completely gone from their site.  All that I see is the first dispute and it is unchanged and has not been updated since 6/26/08 when it was completed.

WAMU rate jacked me AGAIN due this drop in my TU score!  I'm now up from 9.9% to close to 25% (by my estimate, haven't gotten a statement).  There is no way they'll reconsider with my TU score sitting that low.  I really need to get this fixed!

Has anyone else had a dispute request disappear from the TU site?  Any suggestions?

Message Edited by myfico5378 on 07-11-2008 07:26 AM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU dispute request disappeared as if not submitted?

Can't speak to TU, other than maybe, possibly the investigation completed? Did you have a chance to pull a new TU report today? It could be that it was deleted.

Outside of WAMU, how many open CCs do you have, and what was the utilization like on WAMU when you closed BofA? Is there a balance on BofA?

Message 2 of 9
myfico5378
New Contributor

llecs wrote:
Can't speak to TU, other than maybe, possibly the investigation completed? Did you have a chance to pull a new TU report today? It could be that it was deleted.

Outside of WAMU, how many open CCs do you have, and what was the utilization like on WAMU when you closed BofA? Is there a balance on BofA?

Thank you for your response. 

I don't know if the investigation is completed or not.  When I hit the "submit dispute" or "check dispute status" buttons, it takes me to the screen that only shows my first dispute on 6/10 as completed and gives me the option to view my results.  It no longer shows the dispute that I submitted on 6/26 which was there just yesterday. 

I haven't pulled a TU report today because I hate to spend more money on these stupid reports only to see that they haven't changed.  I have the chase id protection program to pull 3 in 1 reports, but they keep locking my access saying it's the wrong password.  I call and get it unlocked then after one login, it does the same thing again. 

I didn't have Wamu when BofA was closed.  BofA was included in bankruptcy in 2002 and all credit cards that were IIB were closed at the same time.  There is no balance on BofA as all of my debt was discharged in bankruptcy.  Originally, I was just disputing the late payments on the BofA account because they were reported after the account was closed and IIB.  At that time, the BofA account didn't have a "closed date" on the report.  Apparently, they decided to randomly report it as closed as of 04/2008 when TU attempted to verify the late payments. 

My utilization has been high on my Wamu card since I got it 1 1/2 years ago.  I did a BT because it was my lowest rate and have been working on paying off higher rate cards since then.  Wamu tracks my TU score (even though it's not the same as the myfico score) and the rate jack coincided with the TU plummet.

On the bright side, Wamu should be happy in the near future... As they are now my highest interest rate, they will be getting paid off first!  However, I'd be much happier if TU/BofA would just fix the closed date so my score would go back up and I could attempt a recon with Wamu on the rate change.
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There are ways to get your reports for free, even TU. I probably can't comment how publicly, but other than that they are $10 each. Or you can get them for free via annualcreditreport.com or for free if denied for credit in the past 60 days.

Also, you will get a free report via e-mail if disputed online once the investigation is over. You may want to check your junk inbox. I disputed once and it went in there.

I hear Chase has a good service, but if that continues to fail, you may want to look at others like TC.

I was asking about WAMU and BofA because if WAMU is all you have, the score drop could have come once BofA closed (as set by them in April). Your mix of credit may have suffered and there's the remote possibility that BofA was factoring into utilization, if your WAMU balance was high.
Message 4 of 9
myfico5378
New Contributor

llecs wrote:

I was asking about WAMU and BofA because if WAMU is all you have, the score drop could have come once BofA closed (as set by them in April). Your mix of credit may have suffered and there's the remote possibility that BofA was factoring into utilization, if your WAMU balance was high.

Ahh... Now I see why you were asking about WaMu and BofA.  No, BofA wasn't factoring into my utilization.  I've got a spreadsheet to track my util and it is always right on or very close with what myfico reports say for all 3 CRA.  I have 6 revolving accounts and 1 store card (charge account?).  I also have 4 secured installment accounts.  My credit mix has been the same for at least 6 months and has only changed slightly in the last 3 years.  My utilization is high, but is lower than it was last month.  Also, one negative TL from the BK was removed during their investigation.  So, if anything, my score should have gone up instead of down. 

Oh yeah, FICO also stated the reason for the score change was due to a recent "missed payment" and said it was 2 months ago (which would have been 04/08 since I pulled the Fico report in June).  I haven't had any missed payments since my BK 6 years ago and there aren't any listed on my reports.  The only change is that BofA reports a closed date of 04/08 on an account that was included in bankruptcy. 
Message 5 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm at a loss now. Wait to see what happened from the dispute or if it even happened.

Now the FICO TU report is a bit quirky. For example, I have 6 late payments on a car note on TU. These are my only lates. However, in the positive things helping my score, it says I have never missed a payment with a big fat "0" listed in that box.
Message 6 of 9
myfico5378
New Contributor

I wanted to thank you again for your responses and give a quick update.  I was FINALLY able to pull a new TU report on their site this morning (maybe because it was a full month after I submitted the first dispute?) and they have corrected the BofA closed date.  Yeah!  The dispute is still gone from their status page, but as long as it's corrected, I'm happy! 

Since I saw it had been corrected, I pulled a new score from myfico and my score went right back to where it was.  I got my 65 points back!!! Yahoo!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would complain to WAMU about this AA.

Did they send the Adverse Action letter to you yet? They are required to do so.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.