cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Santander (Deleted) 550 Million Settlement with Deletion of loans possible

tag
peter1974
Regular Contributor

Re: Santander 550 Million Settlement with waive removal of loans possible

Bumping in case anyone has some new information 

Message 11 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

Would attaching the settlement details as documentation help when disputing to get it removed?

Message 12 of 111
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@peter1974 wrote:

Would attaching the settlement details as documentation help when disputing to get it removed?

If you details include removal then yes

Message 13 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All -

I live in Massachusetts , and Santander ( Chrysler Capital) got sued by the state a couple years ago. Last year i got a Letter from the MA Attorney General , after some letters back and forth i was given 2 options , a one time payment of about 6K , or 2 they would apply the 6K to my still open auto loan , and forgive the rest. I took the second option. 

Stopped paying on my car loan , and when they called i let them know about the settlement here, and eventually the loan was forgiven , showed paid off online , and the tradeline was deleted at my request ( had some late payments ) , and got the title in about a month after all of that . 

Message 14 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@peter1974 wrote:

If you details include removal then yes

Yes, but the only issue is that my state is not listed in the lawsuit.

Message 15 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All -

I live in Massachusetts , and Santander ( Chrysler Capital) got sued by the state a couple years ago. Last year i got a Letter from the MA Attorney General , after some letters back and forth i was given 2 options , a one time payment of about 6K , or 2 they would apply the 6K to my still open auto loan , and forgive the rest. I took the second option. 

Stopped paying on my car loan , and when they called i let them know about the settlement here, and eventually the loan was forgiven , showed paid off online , and the tradeline was deleted at my request ( had some late payments ) , and got the title in about a month after all of that . 

Nice! My state was not part of this last settlement. I contacted my AG to see if they would look into it but haven't heard back.

Message 16 of 111
anik28
Frequent Contributor

I have a charged off Auto Loan with them from 2014 - it's about to fall off this coming year. If I could get ir removed earlier, I would be so incredibly happy. Does anyone know how to go about getting this removed? I don't think they have my current address to send any sort of class action letter. 

Message 17 of 111
anik28
Frequent Contributor

Santander Auto - Class Action Lawsuit and Loan Forgiveness

I've read that Santander had a Class Action lawsuit and is going to be forgiving 500M in auto loans that they gave to people who they knew could not afford them.

I had a reposession of a vehicle purchased through them in 2014 - it's very close to coming off my credit but I'm wondering if anyone has info on how to get them to remove from your report? It's a huge negative item on my report and I'd be very happy if I could get it removed sooner. 

Thanks! 

Message 18 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@anik28 wrote:

I have a charged off Auto Loan with them from 2014 - it's about to fall off this coming year. If I could get ir removed earlier, I would be so incredibly happy. Does anyone know how to go about getting this removed? I don't think they have my current address to send any sort of class action letter. 

Is your state one of those listed in the lawsuit?

Message 19 of 111
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Santander Auto - Class Action Lawsuit and Loan Forgiveness

Just read and this is significant.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.