cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Santander (Deleted) 550 Million Settlement with Deletion of loans possible

tag
anik28
Frequent Contributor

Re: Santander 550 Million Settlement with waive removal of loans possible

@Anonymous I just sent out my disputes this past week with a copy of the settlement letter - I'm hoping I get a quick result like you. Did you submit anything else with the lawsuit info?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous congrats! I just did the same thing mailed it out priority mail Wednesday all 3 CRAs got the correspondence today. Will update what happens. Did you do yours online or by mail?

Message 31 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

Re: Santander 550 Million Settlement with waive removal of loans possible

@anik28 wrote:

@Anonymous I just sent out my disputes this past week with a copy of the settlement letter - I'm hoping I get a quick result like you. Did you submit anything else with the lawsuit info?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous congrats! I just did the same thing mailed it out priority mail Wednesday all 3 CRAs got the correspondence today. Will update what happens. Did you do yours online or by mail?

@anik28 

I think your reply got cut off.

Message 32 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update Santander (Deleted) 550 Million Settlement with Deletion of loans possible

I thought I might add something interesting to this. I have been helping a friend clean up her credit and I was telling her about the Santander lawsuit. She was just going to let this age off since it would be gone in 2 years but after telling her about someone getting it deleted she decided to attempt to dispute it. When she got the notification about the open dispute on Experian it said it was sent to Keenan Goodman and she was freaking out it was a law firm. Turns out this guy is the asst. vice president of credit bureau reporting at Santander per a google search where it showed on his linkedin. If she gets this deleted I will let you know since she probably does fall into the guidelines of the lawsuit and lives in one of the states. 

Message 33 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

Re: Update Santander (Deleted) 550 Million Settlement with Deletion of loans possible

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought I might add something interesting to this. I have been helping a friend clean up her credit and I was telling her about the Santander lawsuit. She was just going to let this age off since it would be gone in 2 years but after telling her about someone getting it deleted she decided to attempt to dispute it. When she got the notification about the open dispute on Experian it said it was sent to Keenan Goodman and she was freaking out it was a law firm. Turns out this guy is the asst. vice president of credit bureau reporting at Santander per a google search where it showed on his linkedin. If she gets this deleted I will let you know since she probably does fall into the guidelines of the lawsuit and lives in one of the states. 

FYI, I think that is an outdated contact that the CRAs used, Keenan Goodman is no longer with Santander.

Message 34 of 111
anik28
Frequent Contributor

I've submitted all disputes as of today, Transunion does not have a place to upload the lawsuit letter. @Anonymous did you mail yours to them? I'm hoping they can just look up the Lawsuit info and see that I reside in one of the states that reached an agreement with Santander, Fingers crossed. 

Message 35 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@anik28 wrote:

I've submitted all disputes as of today, Transunion does not have a place to upload the lawsuit letter. @Anonymous did you mail yours to them? I'm hoping they can just look up the Lawsuit info and see that I reside in one of the states that reached an agreement with Santander, Fingers crossed. 

I had to mail a copy to both Transunion and Equifax. They didn't have a fax or email for me to send them to.

Message 36 of 111
anik28
Frequent Contributor

TU just deleted the account!!!!! They removed within hours of me submitting the dispute. Just awaiting EQ and EX to do the same. I'm hoping I will see some sort of increase in my score, this was HUGE negative item. I will keep updating the thread with updates. I hope you all have the same success, I can't believe it. 

Message 37 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@anik28 wrote:

TU just deleted the account!!!!! They removed within hours of me submitting the dispute. Just awaiting EQ and EX to do the same. I'm hoping I will see some sort of increase in my score, this was HUGE negative item. I will keep updating the thread with updates. I hope you all have the same success, I can't believe it. 

Congrats! So they deleted it without you submitting the documentation? Can you share what reason you used and did you add any comments?

Message 38 of 111
anik28
Frequent Contributor

@peter1974 I referenced that the lender was part of a class action lawsuit in my state, and detailed what the loan forgiveness was. TU deleted within hours - It's still showing on my report, but when I called TU they said it was no longer there. I'm hoping in the next few days the others are gone as well - I'm not sure how much it's going to bring my score up but I would assume quite a bit because it was killing my debt to income ratio and a huge derogatory item. 

Message 39 of 111
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@anik28 wrote:

@peter1974 I referenced that the lender was part of a class action lawsuit in my state, and detailed what the loan forgiveness was. TU deleted within hours - It's still showing on my report, but when I called TU they said it was no longer there. I'm hoping in the next few days the others are gone as well - I'm not sure how much it's going to bring my score up but I would assume quite a bit because it was killing my debt to income ratio and a huge derogatory item. 

Nice! Mine is still pending but I didn't have the settlement info when I first disputed so I wasn't able to add the comments. When I mailed the documentation, they just reopened my closed disputes. So imagine they will take a little longer.

Message 40 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.