Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appreciation to Forums

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Appreciation to Forums

I want to express my appreciation to the many posters and moderators on this forum.

In the 9-10 years that I have been a member I have learned much. Gone from trying to understand personal credit to establishing a solid history to obsession to just playing it as a hobby.

The education I have received here has also kept more self conscious about credit habits.

@CreditMagic7 @pizza1 @12njoy and many others have been nothing but extremely supportive.

@FinStar has been a very nice online friend.

The last decade has brought me many highs and lows. this year brought my most horrible low when I lost my wife to COVID. 
I can always return here and see nothing but positivity. 
thank you

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Appreciation to Forums

@woodyman100 wrote:

I want to express my appreciation to the many posters and moderators on this forum.

In the 9-10 years that I have been a member I have learned much. Gone from trying to understand personal credit to establishing a solid history to obsession to just playing it as a hobby.

The education I have received here has also kept more self conscious about credit habits.

@CreditMagic7 @pizza1 @12njoy and many others have been nothing but extremely supportive.

The last decade has brought me many highs and lows. this year brought my most horrible low when I lost my wife to COVID. 
thank you

@woodyman100 Very sorry to hear of your loss.  My condolences to you and your family.  I, like you, have learned so much from everyone here.  I remember back in 2012 starting with a 575 score and my first $500 Walmart store card.  Then, I had no idea about credit.  I was happy and content when I received my first $5,000 limit card.  Today though I'm strickly doing this as a hobby.  I've had my up and downs throughout the last ten years, but it has truly been an enriching experiment for me.  With the various members such as yourself, I'm able to stay pretty grounded and focused.  Wishing you and your family a safe and prosperous new year with your beloved angel showering you and your family with much joy and love.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 2 of 7
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

thank you

Oh my, @woodyman100, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Prayers and healing for you and your family. 

I'm glad you still find the forums a safe refuge and have friends you can depend on here. 

This forum is an incredible online resource for credit knowledge but it can be so much more.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

thank you

Very sorry about the loss of your partner! Smiley Sad This Forum has shown a heart for the members and you brought smiles too many of our faces during these challenging times! Smiley HappyHeart

Message 4 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

thank you

@woodyman100 , Im so sorry...I didnt know about your wife.  My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family as you try to navigate your life going forward. Im so very sorry Smiley Sad  

Ive enjoyed interacting with you as well, and we all learn from each other here. We are always here when you want to return. 

Message 5 of 7
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

thank you

So sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine losing my wife and it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I just lost my Dad on the 23rd. I just like to think he is in a better place and hopefully reunited with my Mom.

I hope the same is true for your wife and she will be waiting for you. One thing I always tell myself is that if my wife dies first at least she doesn't have to suffer the pain of losing me.

I know no words can really help but I am glad you enjoy coming here. I also feel it is a very nice community,

Message 6 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

So sorry for your loss! My condolences. Smiley Sad

I'm glad you find comfort in these forums though. We'll always be here for you. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.