Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Cash Rewards Design update

tag
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

BOA Cash Rewards Design update

I can't tell based off of the promotional material, but was the BOA Cash Rewards card design revamped?

I know the cash rewards structure was redone, but was the card design?

It appears to look like a more modern matte design. The older glossy design looked so cheap and would scratch up in a heart beat.

Hoping they updated it to look more like the Premium Rewards card!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: BOA Cash Rewards Design update

@QuakerOatmeal wrote:

I can't tell based off of the promotional material, but was the BOA Cash Rewards card design revamped?

I know the cash rewards structure was redone, but was the card design?

It appears to look like a more modern matte design. The older glossy design looked so cheap and would scratch up in a heart beat.

Hoping they updated it to look more like the Premium Rewards card!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Bank-of-America-Cash-Rewards-3-category/m-p/5466361#M1...

Message 2 of 10
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Hi Remedios, thank you replying.

I skimmed through that link and can't see why it was posted as a response to my question.

I was specifically asking if the design of the card was updated, and I don't see where that was answered.

Not curious about cash rewards structure, but card design.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CR came last week and it's matte to me.

Message 4 of 10
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

I just received mine, it is more of a mat finish, I quite like the look of it. No shine at all.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 5 of 10
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@Priory_Man wrote:
I just received mine, it is more of a mat finish, I quite like the look of it. No shine at all.

That's encouraging.  Based on that I just ordered a replacement.  That high-gloss finish was not a brilliant idea.

||
Message 6 of 10
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@MachoHombre wrote:

@Priory_Man wrote:

That's encouraging.  Based on that I just ordered a replacement.  That high-gloss finish was not a brilliant idea.

Got my new one, matte and IMO significantly better looking card.   The first high-gloss finish was really cheap, the new design looks much better, very much like the Premier Rewards just different color.

||
Message 7 of 10
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Idk, I kinda liked the previous-shinier iteration of the card...colors look too stark and muted on the newest design of the BoA cards at least for the Cash Rewards one, imo... Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 10
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

Idk, I kinda liked the previous-shinier iteration of the card...colors look too stark and muted on the newest design of the BoA cards at least for the Cash Rewards one, imo... Smiley Indifferent

You can always PC to an affinity version for the Cash Rewards @galahad15. Orange has definitely added color variety to my card collection Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@issac2x wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

You can always PC to an affinity version for the Cash Rewards @galahad15. Orange has definitely added color variety to my card collection Smiley Happy

Thank you for the helpful heads-up isaac2x, good info to know!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.