Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Ranks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community Ranks

@UncleB wrote:

Yes, they are set in stone but they aren't published - even the moderators don't know the formula.

Who does?  And, why aren't they published (as in, what would the harm be?).

Message 121 of 392
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Yes, they are set in stone but they aren't published - even the moderators don't know the formula.

Who does?  And, why aren't they published (as in, what would the harm be?).

LOL... well, the admins know, they are the ones who created the ranks, after all.

The cut-offs aren't published to prevent people from 'gaming' the system to artifically increase their rank.  This is consistent with other Lithium communities.

Message 122 of 392
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Again, kudos do not factor into rankings - this is not a popularity contest.

Well, maybe it should be?  Maybe not number of "kudos" necessarily, but percentage I think is a valid measure.  For example, TT, you run about a 50% "kudos" ratio, which means that for every 2 posts you make on average 1 gets a "kudo" FWIW.  Knowing nothing else at all, if I knew that 1 member was getting 1 "kudo" per 2 posts verses someone else that was getting 1 "kudo" per 8 posts, it would seem to me that based on the voice of the forum that the first member was in a measurable way 4X more "valuable" in the eyes of the forum members.  Whether or not that's exactly "true" or not, I would say that factoring that into a forum "rank" wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

I prevents (for example) the guy that provides 1 "meaningful" post (that may get a "kudo") relative to 10 "congrats on your approval" posts (no "kudos") from achieving a strong "meaningful" [value-adding] percentage of posts. 

I don't know.  For me, that matters.

Message 123 of 392
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Below is a link to a table of Community rank criteria. Posts and minutes on line have been validated as criteria. The post QTYs represent a minimum threshold for that rank. This means you cannot achieve that rank unless you have at least that QTY of posts. Obviously other criteria are in play. Thus, crossing a QTY threshold doesnot guarantee a rank up. The one unknown is minimum QTY for Mega. It should be 10k but those at that Mega all have at least 15k posts.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Community-Ranks/m-p/5160295#M63908

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 124 of 392
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

myFico Rankings, for lack of a better term...

This is petty and unrelated to anything, but how are the rankings set on myFico? Does anyone know? I've gone from New Contributor to Established and Valued and everything in between in the last 6 years, but today I logged in and I was back to "New Contributor." I don't know why or how, but it really ground my gears! 

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter and for YEARS I did nothing but lurk on here, but when I started contributing I ranked up quickly and then BAM, I'm back to "square 1" lol. Annoyed. I'm not looking for people to actually listen to me, neither am I expecting kudos or to be compensated for anything I'm doing here, so it doesn't matter, but I'm just wondering...

Message 125 of 392
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: myFico Rankings, for lack of a better term...

With your posts (65 currently what I'm seeing), sounds right. 

Member and Contributor are two seperate. So perhaps when you were Valued Member, or Established Member, and new rank is New Contributor appears to you as lower rank than the other two. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Community-Ranks/m-p/3888542#M256

Message 126 of 392
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@DollyLama wrote:

With your posts (65 currently what I'm seeing), sounds right. 

Member and Contributor are two seperate. So perhaps when you were Valued Member, or Established Member, and new rank is New Contributor appears to you as lower rank than the other two. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Community-Ranks/m-p/3888542#M256

+1

@DollyLama is right, @AZEsq you were up-ranked. Smiley Wink

(This is a common misunderstanding.)

Message 127 of 392
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

Lol thank you! I get emails usually when they do this, so I was confused. Also I cancelled my membership because they weren’t pulling Experian for some reason and Experian pulled all 3 for less and they were correct so I thought I was being punished. Is Experian doing this to anyone else? It said there was an error and my 3B nor my subscription contained their scores.
Message 128 of 392
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AZEsq wrote:
Lol thank you! I get emails usually when they do this, so I was confused. Also I cancelled my membership because they weren’t pulling Experian for some reason and Experian pulled all 3 for less and they were correct so I thought I was being punished. Is Experian doing this to anyone else? It said there was an error and my 3B nor my subscription contained their scores.

FWIW the forums are separate from the myFICO product other than the shared login, so cancelling your membership there doesn't impact your activity here on the forums in any way.

As for your other question, that will need to be addressed in either the 'Tech Help' or 'General Credit' sections of the forum. Smiley Wink

Message 129 of 392
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

Thanks.
Message 130 of 392
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.