Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hd tv

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Hd tv

I have a Samsung hd tv thats about 10 yrs old and thinking about upgrading, spend about $800 does any one have any suggestings? Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hd tv

Don’t take my word for it but I think there were some privacy concerns with Samsung TVs at one point. They do have the UHD TVs now with HDR. I’ll be listening for comments of others regarding recommendations of brands.
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the price, it's pretty hard to beat the TCL Roku 4K HDTVs. I have a few of them. Think I paid $348 for my 55" a year or so ago.

Message 3 of 28
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For the price, it's pretty hard to beat the TCL Roku 4K HDTVs. I have a few of them. Think I paid $348 for my 55" a year or so ago.

I agree with the TCL Roku recommendation.  My favorite TV in the house is a Series 6 from a few years ago.  The operating system is much more stable than my newer Sony's with Android.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 4 of 28
iced
Valued Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I have a Samsung hd tv thats about 10 yrs old and thinking about upgrading, spend about $800 does any one have any suggestings? Thank you and be safe.

Size preference? May open up some options if you're looking at a 48" as opposed to a 65".

Message 5 of 28
razzy116
Established Contributor

Size 42" 46". Thank you

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@razzy116 wrote:

Size 42" 46". Thank you

In that size there isn't much that's very good but the Samsung 43" Q60T is pretty decent and less than $600. The big issue is that these smaller TVs don't have local dimming so they're pretty garbage for HDR. 

Message 7 of 28
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

Size 42" 46". Thank you

In that size there isn't much that's very good but the Samsung 43" Q60T is pretty decent and less than $600. The big issue is that these smaller TVs don't have local dimming so they're pretty garbage for HDR. 

Yeah. Only one I can think of was the Q60 since it's one of the few QLEDs at that size.

I'd recommend LG's OLEDs (CX/GX), but they meet neither the OP's size nor budget requirements.

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

Size 42" 46". Thank you

Yeah. Only one I can think of was the Q60 since it's one of the few QLEDs at that size.

I'd recommend LG's OLEDs (CX/GX), but they meet neither the OP's size nor budget requirements.

Yeah that 48" CX is nice but $1500 is 😬 

Message 9 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

Size 42" 46". Thank you

Yeah that 48" CX is nice but $1500 is 😬 

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.