Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid Chase Manual Review - My thoughts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to avoid Chase Manual Review - My thoughts

yes, I’m thinking of Chase specifically. I guess I’m not versed enough in their manual review process. I have always just understood it as an ID verification and fraud prevention but from your experience and thoughts it seems like the underwriter actually makes a yay or nay decision.
Message 11 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
yes, I’m thinking of Chase specifically. I guess I’m not versed enough in their manual review process. I have always just understood it as an ID verification and fraud prevention but from your experience and thoughts it seems like the underwriter actually makes a yay or nay decision.

On some applications, yes. Again, even in those instances, algorithm makes a recommendation, but human has to sign off on it 

It depends on why it got flagged. It can be something relatively benign, such as thin file or short age, but everything else checks out. Or it could be previous unsatisfactory relationship, but otherwise a profile that would get an approval without that. 

It's a fail safe that right profiles  dont get denied, and "wrong" dont get in 

More and more lenders are shying away from humans making decisions. It's just how it's going to be. In most cases, I'd rather take my chances with a computer than temperamental, hungry, cranky, and jaded UW

Disclaimer, I'd be all those things if I had to listen to people whine all day long 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Chase requires manual review on consumer CCs it ALWAYS means the credit decision has been decided. They just need to verify CIP info to officially approve you. After verification they tell you you’re approved.

It’s a good thing.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.