Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Pot

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Instant Pot

Who has one?

Looking for recipes and cookbooks. Feel free to post pics of what you make.

PhotoGrid_1531705556865.jpg

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Instant Pot

Check in the garden thread posts. Someone just posted about some pork they made in one of them and posted delicious picturesSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 32
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Check in the garden thread posts. Someone just posted about some pork they made in one of them and posted delicious picturesSmiley Happy

The instant pot is a hit in the garden thread, but I'm creating a standalone for people who don't visit that thread.

Message 3 of 32
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Who has one?

This looks amazing! 😋 And thank you for starting this! What recipe is this?

The pic I shared in the garden is a recipe from this book: https://www.phoenixhelix.com/the-paleo-aip-instant-pot-cookbook/ 

Message 4 of 32
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@shoegal wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Who has one?

This looks amazing! 😋 And thank you for starting this! What recipe is this?

The pic I shared in the garden is a recipe from this book: https://www.phoenixhelix.com/the-paleo-aip-instant-pot-cookbook/ 

No recipe lol. Just picked up a pre-seasoned tri tip at Costco and a bag of fingerling potatoes. Quartered the potatoes. Put 1 1/2 cups of water in the instant pot and cooked the potatoes on a steaming tray for 10 mins. Natural release for 10 mins then quick released the rest. Set aside. Emptied the pot. Seared the tri tip and added 2 cups of beef broth. Put meat on the tray, and cooked on high pressure for 35 mins. Quick release and set meat to side to sit. Set pot to medium warm and added corn starch to get desired gravy thickness.

Message 5 of 32
marty56
Super Contributor

To your favorite recipe replace the pot roast with beef short ribs and enjoy.  The bones add so much flavor.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

O M G!  i saw instant POT and i thought?  WOW what is being grown in this garden LOL! Dish looks great!!

Message 7 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Walmart has it on sale for $49.00. If you still have disco cash back match, it's 10% less. 

Go buy one...

Message 8 of 32
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

I <3 my Instant Pot.

I don't know that I need to post pix of hard boiled eggs. I guess I could have posted pix of just how easily they peel, but that ship sailed pretty quickly. A dozen eggs peeled in a matter of moments.

Punjabi Lobia (Black-eyed peas with spinach) is on the menu for tonight, from the Indian Instant Pot Cookbook by Urvashi Pitre, the "Butter Chicken Lady". Butter chicken is coming soon.

Made the ghee for it last night, also in the IP. So incredibly easy, and better than what you buy in a jar.

No, I'm not Indian. I just love all kinds of Indian food, and now with the IP, it's now relatively easy to make at home!

Message 9 of 32
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

A little tip for everyone that I learned tonight, ALWAYS use a steam basket for potatoes, especially if your making mashed and cooking them in milk and butter.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.