Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

@Manonfire wrote:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but AskSebby posted an unboxing (LoL) vid on Youtube of the Gold metal version for anyone thats interested in seeing it. 

I saw that earlier and the one he had appeard to be non-contactless and came in at 15 as opposed to the Ritz at a whopping 29Smiley Surprised

Message 71 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone else disappointed that the metal gold card isn't the same "build" as the metal platinum? i was hoping they would be the same. sounds like the gold is more like the CSP or CSR.

Message 72 of 246
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I didn’t expect the gold card to be as solid as the platinum is. It would take away from the allure of the platinum.

It’s still metal and while I prefer metal cards. There is such a thing as too heavy. I don’t think I would have liked the ritz card. The platinum and Altitude both fall out of my wallet if it’s upside down.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 73 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm about to apply for the gold. Any confirmation regarding the non-contactless vs contactless in weight and thickness?

Message 74 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

@sdsoccerdad wrote:
I’m hoping mine arrived today. For those that receiver yours, where did it ship from?

plantation Fl. UPS!  

Message 75 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I specifically ordered non contactless and happilly received it (hate the symbol). However, since I don't have a contactless version I can't compare weight so I have no clue. Regardless of whether it is or isnt heavy its a beautifully minimalist card that I cant stop pulling out my wallet Smiley LOL

Message 76 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I specifically ordered non contactless and happilly received it (hate the symbol). However, since I don't have a contactless version I can't compare weight so I have no clue. Regardless of whether it is or isnt heavy its a beautifully minimalist card that I cant stop pulling out my wallet Smiley LOL

Weigh it! It looks like the contactless card weighs 15g. How's the thickness compared to your CSP and Amazon card? 

Message 77 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, please weigh it. My finger is itching to click the apply button.

Edit: Too late, finger slipped

Message 78 of 246
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Just got my Rose Gold! Man it's sexy! I'll compare and weigh it with my CSP when I get home.

Edit: AMEX is 14g, CSP is 13g.

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 79 of 246
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Amex Gold vs Rose Gold

Which one did you pick? I picked Rose Gold and it's on the way...

Message 80 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.