cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club Mastercard gets a makeover!

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Sam's Club Mastercard gets a makeover!

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried this very thing with my Sportsman's Guide Visa.  The new ones are so purdy.  They replaced my card with a new, old verson.

Recently my Blispay card was giving me many issues due to its chip.  The plastic film was peeling off the card also.  Got a replacement in no time.

My Sam's Club MC has my picture on the back.  Wonder if that might be a problem to reproduce.

Sam's Club/Synchrony replaced my Sam's Club MasterCard last summer out-of-the-blue due to some breach (same account number, but different exp and CVV). The replacement card doesn't have my picture on it.

I wondered if at some point I would be prompted to get a new pic taken, but so far nobody's ever said anything (honestly I don't think they ever looked before, anyway, at least at my store).

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

Be careful with asking Synchrony to replace a damaged card.

Every time I have done that, Synchrony has closed the old account and opened up an entirely new one.

AAOA & 5/24 sticklers might be burned

Hmm ... good to have a "heads up" on the card replacement Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried this very thing with my Sportsman's Guide Visa.  The new ones are so purdy.  They replaced my card with a new, old verson.

Recently my Blispay card was giving me many issues due to its chip.  The plastic film was peeling off the card also.  Got a replacement in no time.

My Sam's Club MC has my picture on the back.  Wonder if that might be a problem to reproduce.

Sam's Club/Synchrony replaced my Sam's Club MasterCard last summer out-of-the-blue due to some breach (same account number, but different exp and CVV). The replacement card doesn't have my picture on it.

I wondered if at some point I would be prompted to get a new pic taken, but so far nobody's ever said anything (honestly I don't think they ever looked before, anyway, at least at my store).

I don’t even have to show mine anymore.

walk right in and after i’m done shopping I either use self checkout or the scan and go app.

Costco doesn’t really ever seriously look either

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 13 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

walk right in and after i’m done shopping I either use self checkout or the scan and go app.

+1

Same here... in my (almost) three years of being a member again they've only asked for my card at the door once; years ago when I was a member they always checked at the door. 

Like you say, if you use the self-checkout it's literally never checked.  Even when I use a cashier I've never noticed them looking (and since my card now has no picture, it wouldn't matter anyway).

Message 14 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Same here... in my (almost) three years of being a member again they've only asked for my card at the door once; years ago when I was a member they always checked at the door. 

Like you say, if you use the self-checkout it's literally never checked.  Even when I use a cashier I've never noticed them looking (and since my card now has no picture, it wouldn't matter anyway).

I use to get kind of irritated when they would check the cards at the door.  Im like, why would I come into a membership only club, and not have a card? Im gonna need my card at check out right? LOL...

Message 15 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I use to get kind of irritated when they would check the cards at the door.  Im like, why would I come into a membership only club, and not have a card? Im gonna need my card at check out right? LOL...

Yep, it always seemed like a waste of headcount to me as well. 

Now that you can have the card on your mobile phone (at least with Sam's) it especially seems like a waste to have somebody at the door checking.  I can only imagine how the line to get in the store would get backed up if they made folks pull up the app just to get in...  Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.