Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card

I am sorry others might have asked this question already. Does any one know if U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card  made out of Metal. I got my US Bank Secured card upgraded and I am thinking of asking for Product Change to this card. Is it a Metal Card. Besides being Metal it looks very good cash back options. I got my Apple Metal MasterCard recently and I have been wanting to get a Metal VISA and Metal Amex Cards to compliment my Metal Card collection. 

9 REPLIES 9
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card

According to reports from  people who have the card, yes it appears to be metal. 

Current Cards:
Message 2 of 10
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

Yes.  It is a metal card, but it is the lightest metal card I have.

Message 3 of 10
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Yes, but I would consider it a 'hybrid' card that is a metal core but plastic exterior. Not a true metal card.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 4 of 10
Aim_High
Super Contributor

I don't have it but from my research, the Altitude Go is a metal card, @Red1Blue.  And yes, as @IntegerIntrovert stated, it is a lightweight metal card.  All the lighter metal cards are a hybrid plastic/metal variant including my Chase Sapphire Reserve which weighs 13 grams.  the Altitude Go weighs in at slightly less at 12 grams.  The lightest metal card I know of was the Wells Fargo Propel which was only 10 grams.   That compares to the typical plastic card weight of 5 grams.   It appears to me that about 14-15 grams is the 'break-even point' where hybird cards give way to full metal ones. 

Some of the heaviest no-AF metal cards are the Verizon Visa and the new X-1 card that both weigh 17 grams, same as an AMEX Platinum.  Capital One's SAVOR card also weighs 17 grams and is a fairly decent bargain with only a $95 AF and good rewards.   Most of the other heavier cards are either invitation-only or have a high AF. 

The heaviest commonly-available card on the market seems to be the Barclay's Luxury card Mastercard series (Titanium/Black/Gold) that all weigh in at 22 grams.   Until the past year, the Chase Ritz Carlton Visa Infinite claimed that honor at a whopping 28 grams, but it's been downsized according to reports and is now a hybrid 12-gram card.   The invitation-only JP Morgan Reserve card still weighs 27 grams. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 5 of 10
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

To piggyback on the heaviest metal card conversation, I've found this to be a great list which is frequently updated: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/the-most-heavy-credit-cards-list/

That American Express Centurion Card looks perfect to me. 

Altitude Go is on the list at 12 grams.

Message 6 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

US Bank Altitude Go - Plastic Card

I got my US Bank Altitude Go Secured Visa card today.  I remember reading posts about Altitude Go card and it is Metal Card.  But the card I recevied today in the mail is a plastic card.

Message 7 of 10
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Go - Plastic Card

I believe it may be the secured card is plastic and the unsecured card is metal.

Message 8 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@jcooks wrote:

I believe it may be the secured card is plastic and the unsecured card is metal.

I doubt they carry two different cards one for secured and one for unsecured when all the rewards and every thing similar. May be they changed it when they introduced the secured card. Either way I am going to just wait  it out next 12 months and get the card unsecured and take my $5k and move on.

Message 9 of 10
jcooks
Established Contributor

They are different, one is a Visa signature (unsecured) and one is the Visa classic (secured)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.