Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who doesn't have Amazon Prime?

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Who doesn't have Amazon Prime?

Who doesn't have Amazon Prime ($120 per year)?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who doesn't have Amazon Prime?

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

That's a temporary NFCU Flagship benefit as I understand it.

Message 2 of 25
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

In my immediate family, my mom, 3 sisters, a brother and an uncle doesn't have Amazon Prime. Only me, 1 brother and an uncle has Prime....

Message 3 of 25
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I don't.
I once had a free trial I got because it offered free 2-day shipping or something like that on something I was ordering. When the free trial was up and they wanted me to pay, and I hadn't ordered anything else from Amazon during that 6 months, I cancelled it.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 4 of 25
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@mgood wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I don't.
I once had a free trial I got because it offered free 2-day shipping or something like that one something I was ordering. When the free trial was up and they wanted me to pay, and I hadn't ordered anything else from Amazon during that 6 months, I cancelled it.

I wish I had that problem. 

300 orders last year.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 25
DONZI
Established Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I don't either.. Mainly because I like to see / hold what I am buying first -- I'm sort of a design quality snob and do like to patronize local merchants as much as possible. Also, I much prefer returning/swapping things in person over volleying of [cross]shipping etc.

..and, none of the amazon prime core benefits appeal to me or are redundant of services I have elsewhere.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 6 of 25
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

I'm currently on the third month of a free trial, but I didn't have it before that and won't have it after.  I'm not a super big fan of Amazon as a company and I prefer to buy my books at local bookstores.

Message 7 of 25
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

*raises hand while looking around warily*

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 25
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I will probably cancel this year. It was worth it until they started adding additional charges to everything.

Message 9 of 25
iced
Valued Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I don't.

Started using Amazon casually back in the 90's when it was still just an online Hastings/B&N. When Prime first came out, they marketed it pretty hard with lots of free trials (and they still seem to be trying to force a free 30-day on me). Never saw the value in it for my needs, though, so I've never had it.

When they bought out WF a few years back, I saw it as a move to try to coerce people like me to get it. My suspicion was that they'd only offer sales prices to Prime members (unlike other grocery stores, where sale price is same for members/non-members around here). Imagine my shock when they did exactly that.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.