Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient

Pulling my credit report, I discovered that a late payment was reported on January 2013. My account was opened March 2005 and has already surpassed the 10-year reporting period according to a Transunion representative. Just previous to that time, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with Dementia, a form of Alzheimer's and my wife and I had to move back to our hometown to take care of her. Securing a job in this town was not an easy job so I applied for forbearance and received it but too late. I thought the forbearance would remove the late aspect of the loan but it did not fix the problem of the reporting of falling behind. The mistake was totally mine and I own that. I have recently paid this account off in full. Are the late payments still reportable and if so, would a good will letter make any difference? In spite of the late payments I still have good credit in the mid 700s but it bugs me I messed this up.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.