Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2020 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

January 2020 Check In Thread

dreamstime_2020

A new year is often a time that people reflect on past events and is also a great time to renew something in your life. Maybe that renewal or renovation is on your financial body or physical, now is a great of time as any to shed those extra things holding you down from being the best you possible.

Most people sit down and write out New Year's resolutions.  Credit wise, what is on your list?  

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional & encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judgement zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself kudos for having it all together.

If you're a continuing myFICO fitness challenger: Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! Now that 2019 is behind us, may 2020 be ever more fruitful going forward.

Remember now is the time annual to update your signatures! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Oranges_Poranges

Re: January 2020 Check In Thread

I'm a long time lurker/learner here. Finally became a member. I'll be running a couple tests with my credit profile, posting results of course.
If all checks out in a couple months, I'll be knocking on the door of.. wait for it..
THE 800 CLUB

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

As an opener for January 2020 I will maintain my credit card flock as is since it is working for me. Not seeking any new credit unless a Unicorn should arrive. Over twenty-five months with no inquiries and the scores enter the sixth year of being in the 800's.

Now in truth, scores much over the mid 700s is plenty to get you the better or best lender products assuming a good credit portfolio. My staying with the present scores is more just for the challenge not for anything else.

Wish all of you the best in the MyFico Challenge and let's do it together Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Okay, my New Year Resolution.........

NO APP's, none, zilch!  It'll be like watching grass growSmiley Frustrated

Happy 2020 Everyone!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year!
I am looking forward to realizing my credit-related goals this year. I have a good blend of credit that works for my life at the moment, so I not really interested adding to the mix right now. I have been extremely busy in opening new accounts over the past 2 years, so I need to be more strategic now in cultivating these new relationships I have established and increasing my scores across all 3 CB. I do want to add the CSP and possibly Citi Costco to my portfolio, but given my extended app spree, this ain’t happening until 2021. It’s all good!

Good success, everyone!
Message 5 of 22
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I'm new to the challenge. Here are my goals:

• get 2-3 unsecured new cards
  • get a car loan
  • reduce utilization to below 9% from a current 55%
  • increase my fico scores by an average of 100points across the board

I’m hitting the ground running by starting a whole new approach to budgeting with YNAB (which I am testing).

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Fitness Challenge Family

Our family is forging forward on our credit journey. We have had to cut back and eliminate some things to stay on top of finances.

Husband story Navy Federal Secured Credit Card $500 has graduated and the new limit is $2000, Opened May 2019. He was also approved for a Navy Federal Car Loan September 2019 no missed payments, first payment October 2019. Second Car Loan Westlake Financial September 2019, Never missed a payment, first payment October 2019. Applied for Exxon Mobil gas card November 3, 2019 limit $600. He also have a Capital One Card $300 limit. Target Card $300 applied December 2019, Kohl's Card $300 and Macy $100 applied November 15, 2020 Utilization is 2%. We will just focus on growing and paying on time. 

Wife story I currently have Total Card $300, First Premier $300, and Credit One increased limit $650. AU on Target red card opened since 2003 never late. My Utilization is 83% goal to get it down once I return back to work currently on FMLA. Currently going through the chapter 13 process which started December 2018 with a 3 year completion time. Currently holding steady.

Looking forward to reading the challenges and successes because I pretty sure something will pertain to us.
Message 7 of 22
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Staying in the garden until May (fingers crossed, 9 months) then a few apps, then gardening for another 18 months.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same goal and it sounds super exhausting Smiley Sad best of wishes for inner strength to us all Smiley LOL

@GApeachy wrote:

Happy 2020 Everyone!

Message 9 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same goal and it sounds super exhausting Smiley Sad best of wishes for inner strength to us all Smiley LOL

@GApeachy wrote:

Happy 2020 Everyone!

Yeah it does...lol! Good luck to all.  "I'd Rather Be App'ing" is my new Bumper StickerSmiley TongueJK!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.