Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2017 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

June 2017 Check In Thread

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a judgement free zone. Feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: June 2017 Check In Thread

Whee, TU whacked my tax lien!  Also worked up a financial spreadsheet just looking at my debts and assets for the past 4 years, and this last year has been really good to me even with the aborted school adventure which was nowhere close to cash flow neutral.  Paid off the HELOC too, back down to a mortgage being my only debt, cheers!

In other credit news, down to 3/0/4 inquiries for EQ/TU/EX respectively, and EQ/EX whacked my 30/60D, I am now deliquency free there!

Copying my last thing as it's a better way for me personally to mark off instead of counting days or whatever haha.

June 2017:
Two inquiries off Equifax - 1 left
One inquiry off Experian - 3 left

I think my lates will come off here for TU, maybe

July 2017:
July 1 - NCAP implemented for tax liens, fingers crossed!  EX/EQ I'm looking at you!

Sept 2017:

If I don't get my tax lien whacked above, it should come off EX and maybe EQ here.

Dec 2017:
Two inquiries off Experian - 1 left

Jan 2017:
One inquiry off Experian - 0 left

Feb 2018:

I hit AAOA of 4 years
1 inquiry off Equifax - 0 left, 0/0/0 for scorable inquiries, just a truly dumb 30D late on TU as my only blip, well that and short credit history and installment utilization haha, can't come up all aces even in the credit world I guess for a while longer.

Hope everyone's doing most excellently!

        
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Staying the course and it can be tough. Some cards appeared that caused me a little excitement but I sat in the garden Smiley Happy Need to stay the course after the last year of closing six accounts and opening two new ones. Scores coming back and inquiries dropping off. Utilization is under 1% and my scores like that with my profile.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

1. Garden - I stepped out of the garden last month to apply for a BBR. I'm glad I did as the rumors were true this time. - Approved $13K
  2. Increase CL on a few cards - Last CLI (@ 91 days) was declined by Discover - not concerned previous CLI (March 2017) was for $7K.
  3. Combine Cap 1 accounts - Nothing new to report.
  4. Reduce utilization - WIP (Work in Progress)
  5. Reduce frivolous spending - WIP (Work in Progress)
  6. Reduce inquiries - 2 will fall off this month

Stepping out of the garden to apply for the BBR is the most excitement I've had creditwise since March. I added two more goals for 2017.

Stay positive & focused so we can meet our goals!!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had some good progress since my last check in during March.

After disputing my medical collections on TU it was removed (although I'm paranoid about it coming back for some reason). At the same time my Walmart store card was upgraded to a Mastercard, which lowered my AAoA by 3 months (grrr....). As a result my mortgage scores have done the following:

EQ: 743 -> 743

TU: 711 -> 745

EX: 750 -> 773

Other than that, I've made good progress on saving up for a downpayment and had a couple job interviews and just haven't been the winning candidate yet.  

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ +4    684 to 688 Steady at 688 689 690 686

TU +2    650 to 652 +4 652 to 656 658 662 654

EX +26  653 to 679 -2 679 to 677 683 687 687

2017 Goals Review:

I did have a setback, but not in my finances, saving, utilization, or apping. My elaborate Excel workbook that I had developed and used to track everything has disappeared. I created a "file vault" through my Internet security program, thinking it would keep everything safe, whelp, yesterday I went to unlock the vault but the vault no longer exists apparently. I have a help ticket in. I am not a happy camper. So, this is from memory, lol.

1). To garden the cards I got last year post-BK, letting those tradelines age and grow. I am doing well here, haven't apped since NFCU back on 4/12. Haven't been tempted, the only cards I would like are out of reach right now. I just got an auto-CLI from Disco from $3300 to $4200. I will be able to request CLI's on my NFL card and the first one on my QS later this month.

2). To continue to manage utilization and reported balances. Overall utilization still going down, even though I charged a jetBlue vacation on my jetBlue Plus! Paid it down within a week.

3). To watch my inquiries drop from EQ 6, TU 5, EX 8 down to EQ 3, TU4, EX 4 by June. Currently EQ 4, TU 7, EX 6. On track to Should be EQ 3, TU 6, EX 5 in June nowI go off of my Experian report since myFICO only shows inquiries in the last 12 months. In three days I'll be able to confirm that it at least came off EX.

4). To pay an extra $100/month on my highest balance and highest interest student loan, which is upside down due to interest accruing while in deferment (I know I should have paid it as I went, but the BK and events leading up to didn't allow for that). Only $470 to go to get my loan above water. I'm over half way there.

5). To continue saving about 10% of my gross income each month.Just re-upped my saving direct deposit from 9% of my monthly gross to 13%. That will drop to a lower percentage (but still well north of 10%) when I get my pay increase in July,....a good problem to have! And I want to make it even higher not too far down the road.

6). To hopefully see my three FICO 8 scores hit 700's across the board. Getting closer! See score update at top. TU and EQ dropped points because I used my VS for a $60 purchase after not using it for 6 months. Seriously, not a joke, it happened. But at least my increased CL was reported, which is why I made a point to make a purchase in the first place. I think I will be closing it as soon as it reports a zero balance, though.  

Let's carry on fellow Challengers! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

1. Garden - I stepped out of the garden last month to apply for a BBR. I'm glad I did as the rumors were true this time. - Approved $13K
  2. Increase CL on a few cards - Last CLI (@ 91 days) was declined by Discover - not concerned previous CLI (March 2017) was for $7K.
  3. Combine Cap 1 accounts - Nothing new to report.
  4. Reduce utilization - WIP (Work in Progress)
  5. Reduce frivolous spending - WIP (Work in Progress)
  6. Reduce inquiries - 2 will fall off this month

Stepping out of the garden to apply for the BBR is the most excitement I've had creditwise since March. I added two more goals for 2017.

Stay positive & focused so we can meet our goals!!Smiley Happy

I recieved an unexpected auto CLI from Target. New CL $7K.

I also received an unsolicited preapproved loan check from SDFCU this week. No plans for it, but it was nice to receive it. 

If anyone has any doubts that gardening works, push them to the back of your mind and join the club. 

fka BBP

Message 7 of 14
Dhani76
New Contributor

First timer saying Hello. I think I have hit my limit on approvals & now it's time to sit on my hands, get balances down & allow accounts to age. Went from approvals for a $300 Fingerhut & Credit One last Fall, to Barclays Hawaiian $1500 and Nordstom $2000 so things are looking up. Amex Everyday only $500 but will try 2 month CLI request. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: TU 685 EQ 687 EXP 699
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
Max2000

Hi All,

I have been reading the MyFico forums for quite a while now and have gleaned a tremendous amount of credit info that I had no idea about. I have not posted before, so I just wanted to say thanks to the countless contributers that have shared their success and failure stories.

While I have been monitoring my own credit scores through Experian and CreditKarma, I had not used MyFico's own scoring products - probably out of fear of seeing all the bad news in my own situation! I finally signed up a few days ago and Wow! MyFico's 3B product is absolutely incredible with so much more insight to my credit compared to what I have been using!

I personally have been on a long road back from the credit abyss, and now I can see the light of day - again this wouldn't be possible without all the great information contained in these forums. Thanks!

Starting Score EX 12-2015: 578 Current Score 10-2017: 708
Starting Score TU 12-2015: 597 Current Score 10-2017: 711
Starting Score EQ 12-2015: 584 Current Score 10-2017: 704
Goal Score all Bureaus: 700 Goal Met 10/2017 I New Goal 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
DollyLama
Established Contributor

I normally don't post till I get my reports on the 23rd. 

Progress-continuning to decrease utilization, on a hold pattern as I'm having to keep an account open where I have my husband as an AU, until his approved Cap 1 hits in about a month after 2 statement cuts. So I plan on paying that off then. 

Had paid off my Amazon and dang it, my yrly prime fee has now posted, so I will again need to PIF. 

Nothing yet on our insurance claim on kitchen, work to begin anywhere 21st-28th, we are packing up to live in a hotel for more than a month. I'm really not looking forward to this, it's about 15 miles away from our residence, and we must continue to return to mow the yard and pick up mail on hold at Post Office, and check on the progress and pitfalls I'm sure. 4 people in a much smaller hotel room, albeit a 2 br suite, with different working hours, sleeping times, and a dog. 

I'm trying to plan between 2 cards on having to replace the appliances, have to wait till a statement cut, buy a couple on it, then wait for statement cut on other and finish buying remaining appliances, so I can have 1 reporting zero, or enough to keep util low, hopefully not more than 2 months. 

Have a paid collection from 3/25 that has been called on twice, have email in hand, on company letterhead that they would delete, if I see it on there come report time, will file a complaint with CFPB. The removal will give me a clean file on TU. 

Working on re-establishing my husband's, he only had on his report a paid installment back in 2008, will fall off in a year, had no FICO. So I'm throwing his numbers out here for me to remember, as it's only 2 AU accts and the paid installment. All reports clean. 

6/15/17 EX- 732, 1 scoreable inquiry 4/17, 2 others will fall off in March 2018 10.5 Oldest Age, 4.1 AAoA

EQ- 726, 2 scoreable inquires, 4/17 (Discover denied, I guess due to new credit and AU status), weird-it listed too many inquiries????? (one AU not reporting)

Oldest Age 10.5, AAoA 6.9

TU-768, 1 scoreable inquiry, 4/17, 2 others will fall off in March 2018- 10.5 Oldest Age, 4.1 AAoA  

7% utilization on EX and TU, and 22 % utilization on EQ due to the other AU not being reported and therefore not calcuating the total line of credit that is 0 balance.

No helping factors, Negative factors EX- no installment, no revolving recent activity (even though I had him do a small charge on 1 account with his card)

TU- too few accounts

EQ- too few accounts, short credit history, no credit card activity 

Will edit if any major changes come report pull dates. 

6/23 Update- monthly report pull, score did not change, still working on utilization and impending purchases, however, my last collection a baddie fell off TU and my mortgage score jumped 41 pts! Have 1 baddie each on EQ and EX $34 still showing.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.