Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2021 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May 2021 Check In Thread

Well, for the moment, I surpassed my 2021 goal! I'm sitting at 682 right now according to myFICO - Experian anyway! However, that's going to drop back down into probably the 660s again this month, because my utilization will go back to about 50% (was 1% for April). I have very little credit available, just $1,300, so this fluctuates a lot. I think I should probably get another credit card - these low limit cards are from like 10 years ago when I had no credit, and I haven't been able to get my credit line increased. Just worry that decreasing my average age of accounts and adding a new inquiry will make it impossible to hit 680 again... decisions decisions! 

Message 21 of 42
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

So true . . . it's a challenge deciding when to apply and when to wait. Best wishes.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie here but have been lurking and soaking up the info from all you amazing people for a few months now. Working on paying down my utilization (it was at 101% yikes!!) but now it's at 73%...Can't wait to get it down to at least 5% by July to hopefully see that exciting bump in my score!  I've subscribed to myfico premium monitoring and I check it relentlessly throughout the day (like it's going to change every hour Smiley Happy so needless to say, this is an excrutiatingly slooowww process and I'm already such an impatient person : ( But I'm sticking with it and will remain diligent! Hoping to purchase a home within the next year or so. 

Current FICO 8 Scores: Exp. 645 TU. 665 Eq. 672, Mortgage Scores: Exp. 625, TU. 622, Eq. 649

Goal Score: 750 across the board!

Message 23 of 42
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I'm happy to report that mine and dh's scores just got us the best rate on a home equity loan with our particular bank. Been prepping for this day since joining myfico in 2018. (Update/edit, got a better rate) 2.69% 👍.  We will save around $1100-ish/month. Like this is the final chapter. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy congratulations, that's So awesome!! I'm so looking forward to that same feeling! Your post is truly inspiring for me Smiley Happy can't wait to be able to say something similar when I apply for my first mortgage! 

Message 25 of 42
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous ty! It just boils down to time and working your profile... something I learned how to do here. Sure I've fumbled a little along the way but when you give yourself plenty of time to prep, and plenty of patience to watch that turtle drag it's shell,  before you know it, the time has come and you can reap the benefits. I still can't believe I'm done. It semed like forever to get here and now it's over and looking forward to enjoying this life changing event. 

I look forward to your winning posts in the future.👍

Message 26 of 42
anniea4001
Regular Contributor

Happy May everyone.

Kind of new here, first time participating in these check ins.

On my 2nd post BK discharge month and I am extremely pleased with progress so far. 

Secured 3 no AF credit cards, one with 1% cashback. 

Built a pretty nice emergency fund to cover almost 6 months of expenses.

And all my Fico scores are alredy in the mid 600's. 

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummmmm. Well. As an update to my latest comment (reply #21 in this thread), I went ahead and rolled the dice on a couple of websites that allow you to see if you're prequalified before going through with a hard pull. I got denied by Petal, which is supposedly for fair credit scores like mine (and their rejection said my score is 692!!?!?!).... and then..... approved by Discover (I've always wanted a Discover card; my dad always said they had the best perks)..... for $10,000! Smiley Surprised I don't understand it but I will roll with it! 

Message 28 of 42
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous do what?!? 10k,  Hahaha... amazing.  Good ol' dad is a wise man, Discover gave you 10,000 perks👍. Jelly here😁. Congrats!

Message 29 of 42
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@anniea4001 wrote:

And all my Fico scores are alredy in the mid 600's. 

Congrats on your scores!  👍

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.