Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2020 Check In Thread

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: September 2020 Check In Thread

@Anonymous  Welcome to the community.

Read the link @M_Smart007. It's a great primer.

If you haven't done so, check out the other sub forums such as Understanding FICO Scoring, Mortgage Loans, Rebuilding Your Credit, etc. There is a treasure trove of information there, waiting to be discovered by you.

If you have any questions, feel free to post up. The members here are friendly and knowledgeable.

Free mortgage scores

EX2 + 3 Bureau scores and reports for $1 at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 days or less to avoid the reoccurring charge.

TU4 WyHy quarterly score. Not sure on membership requirement. Maybe hard pull TU?

EQ5 Get a savings account with DCU. Soft pull EQ to be a member. Free monthly score. 6.17% APY on savings account.

You can also obtain your 3 bureau mortgage scores at FICO Advanced . Cancel plan after you obtain your scores and reports to avoid re-occurring monthly charge.

Message 31 of 45
Caramelhunnyva
New Contributor

Welcome! 

Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 32 of 45
Caramelhunnyva
New Contributor

Staying on the right track, maintaining timely payments and trying not to get into serious debt. Struggling to figure out whether to allocate money to pay off debts or use money for home improvement. But overall doing well well, staying focus on achieving healthy credit and a higher score 

Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 33 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caramelhunnyva wrote:

Staying on the right track, maintaining timely payments and trying not to get into serious debt. Struggling to figure out whether to allocate money to pay off debts or use money for home improvement. But overall doing well well, staying focus on achieving healthy credit and a higher score 

Get your challenge! Need to be debt free to minimize spending on interest. Also, one needs to do home improvements. Balancing that right now as I hit the remodeling hard. Good luck on your endeavors! Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, one needs to home improvements. Balancing that right now as I hit the remodeling hard. Good luck on your endeavors! Smiley Happy

What's up Dino?

I got my spade finally.  There's been a lot of backsliding to get this little sucker. Of course now that I'm behaving, all of a sudden I'm getting decent offers via snail mail.  Evil timing.  Just like today I got a Chase offer on a card I've wanted for a looooooong time. #sufferingsuccotash

Enjoy the remodel!  Hopefully it'll be complete before the long winter's naptime.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 35 of 45
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy"#sufferingsuccotash"smiley-laughing021.gif

Congrats on your credit goals and bronze spade! ..

Hard to believe I will have a bronze spade in 2 daysSmiley Tongue

They usually don't last to long, but there is nothing I need right now.

Sync culled the herd for me. Probably best just to let things age. (like meSmiley Very Happy)

Message 36 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Sync culled the herd for me. Probably best just to let things age. (like meSmiley Very Happy)

Well Ain't We Just.....

Friends Sticker by tuttelemelediannie for iOS & Android | GIPHY

Smiley Tongue

Message 37 of 45
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Well Ain't We Just.....

Smiley Tongue

@GApeachy, But at least you can say "You've been gardening longer than me"Smiley Surprised

On the 1st of the month, my AAoA will be 2.5 years, really want to hit that 2.6 year mark.

The myFICO app'ing affect, brought it all the way down from around 8+ AASmiley SurprisedA

I have no "regerts" ...have added quite a bit of TCL and some great SUB'sSmiley Happy

It has been my goal to get the portfolio weighted with so many accts.

that when I do apply, I won't take a hit to my AAoA.

I do have 3 major SUB cards in mind , but that is like a year down the road.

want to let the rest of scoreable inquiries become unscoreable, and most of the 24 month Inqs. to drop off.

Let things age a bit, so I can get the best results. Plus the lending environment is not overly friendly right now.

Message 38 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007  all of that ^^^^^ is dang near identical!  Lol, you been peeking at my credit reports?

Message 39 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007  Oh yeah, I've got you beat by what?....2 days?!? Smiley Very Happy  2 days since last app or something like that.  We R Baad!

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.