Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2020 Check In Thread

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: September 2020 Check In Thread

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007  all of that ^^^^^ is dang near identical!  Lol, you been peeking at my credit reports?

Trying hard not to be to obviousSmiley LOL

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Newbie here just trying to read everything and get in "the loop" so to say. I have taught myself so much about credit its like a whole new college course..lol...only in college they dont teach you NOTHING about fico scores except you got one. I have my mom 83 and little boy 9 (chronic asthma) with me and I am praying to God I can get my score up to a 640 so I can buy a house. The landlord told me last month she is selling this one and I have never missed rent payments anywhere I have lived before, but I am tired of moving and now with the Virus I am hoping this can be our last. I have done all I can do at this point, it is a waiting game now. I did a rental kharma hoping next week I will be blessed with more pts (3 yrs on time pymts) and I did the OPT out thing, and I did kikoff lending(up 15 pts), and Boost(up19pts), and now have one last collection to pay(although paying these has taken my score down!)-I also increased my limit on both my US bank and Discover Secured cards from 500 to 1000(3 yrs on time pymts there) hoping they give me pts next week for that! Ok so other than my car loan, 2 credit cards, (no judgement or bankruptcies), 7 inquiries-I am in Gods hands Smiley Happy  My goal is to get at least enough to qualify for my home, then I can DREAM of having the 850 I see people have Smiley Happy Smiley Happy God Bless and Care for everyone on here! ps. I will appreciate ANY advice if any one can help...Please and Thank You! 

You have been actively working to achieve the scores and a performance track record that is needed to move ahead and you have done well! Smiley Happy Your hard work does pay off even though sometimes it seems to crawl at the ever slow rate of the turtle.

Since you mentioned the need for housing ... drop over to the thread on mortgages as there are some  educated posters in that area that may have helps for you. Like everything today, it seems there may be some tricks of the trade that people will share.

Actually, there are several threads to deal with your different credit questions so feel free to seek the information and ask questions!

Like you, I figured everything out on my own as I did not know about Forums such as this. Wish you all the best and you will find others with similar challenges and needs that will share their path.

Message 42 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Like you, I figured everything out on my own as I did not know about Forums such as this. 

Hi @Anonymous   when was this^^^?    I sure wish I had found this forum during or shortly after the housing bubble crisis.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 43 of 45
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

September was another decent month for me on the FICO Fitness front.  I met the goals I set here by staying healthy, staying employed, staying in the garden, keeping Util under 10%*, and putting some spend on my Capital One card to start prepping for its next CLI opportunity in November.

The Util goal I set was actually to stay under 9%, which I failed to do. Fortunately for me, and as we all learned this month, Util is rounded off in a conventional manner and anything that rounds to a number below 10% gets the scoring bump. This fits with my experience, and in retrospect I can see that my FICO scores went up by about 10 points when my Util went from 11.4% to 9.3%, and they didn't budge when I went down to 8.7%. This month I was at 9.04%, so I didn't lose any points there. 

I brought my highest individual Util card below 50%, which caused my scores to gain about 10 points. In November, I plan to get all of them below 30%, which should produce a similar gain. Also around then, my lone baddie -- a 30D from 2017 -- will turn 3 years old. According to the Estimator here, I should get some points for that. (I know it is out of fashion to show any respect for the Estimator, but I find it to be reasonably good at predicting relative changes, even if it's bad at estimating actual scores.) Adding it all up, my scores, which are currently around 775-780, might be flirting with 800 by the end of this year. That feels like a big milestone to me.

Goals for the month ahead: stay healthy; stay employed; stay in the garden; keep Util below 10%; continue putting nearly all CC spend on my CapOne card in the hope of getting a CLI in November.

Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

September was another decent month for me on the FICO Fitness front.  I met the goals I set here by staying healthy, staying employed, staying in the garden, keeping Util under 10%*, and putting some spend on my Capital One card to start prepping for its next CLI opportunity in November.

The Util goal I set was actually to stay under 9%, which I failed to do. Fortunately for me, and as we all learned this month, Util is rounded off in a conventional manner and anything that rounds to a number below 10% gets the scoring bump. This fits with my experience, and in retrospect I can see that my FICO scores went up by about 10 points when my Util went from 11.4% to 9.3%, and they didn't budge when I went down to 8.7%. This month I was at 9.04%, so I didn't lose any points there. 

I brought my highest individual Util card below 50%, which caused my scores to gain about 10 points. In November, I plan to get all of them below 30%, which should produce a similar gain. Also around then, my lone baddie -- a 30D from 2017 -- will turn 3 years old. According to the Estimator here, I should get some points for that. (I know it is out of fashion to show any respect for the Estimator, but I find it to be reasonably good at predicting relative changes, even if it's bad at estimating actual scores.) Adding it all up, my scores, which are currently around 775-780, might be flirting with 800 by the end of this year. That feels like a big milestone to me.

Goals for the month ahead: stay healthy; stay employed; stay in the garden; keep Util below 10%; continue putting nearly all CC spend on my CapOne card in the hope of getting a CLI in November.

You have a lot going on! Planning is good and helps keep us on our toes. Getting the utilization down really does help most scores speaking for my own actions. Also, a good feeling knowing that I have achieved a credit improvement. Best wishes Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.