Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2022 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

September 2022 Check-In Thread

Debunking-Some-Bunk-Is-September-Really-That-Bad-a-Mont-440x250

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins are optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judgement zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September 2022 Check-In Thread

Still trying to Garden and get my accounts paid up so I can focus on the Heloc pay down. Heavy summer spending.

No new credit as I did enough in the second quarter of 2022.

A time out is in order! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
mgood
Valued Contributor

Gained a few points looking at my scores on my 3B pull. I've continued to gradually reduce utilization.

Payed off my Chase Freedom Flex to below zero (-$2.50) the other day. It was over $4k a few months ago. The 0% introductory interest rate expires later this month.

Still carrying balances on the Autograph and the Evergreen, and now the Custom Cash - all of which are 0% interest.

Revolving utilization is 11%, down from 13% last month. That's partially due to reducing my debt a little and largely due to increasing my aggregate credit limit through limit increses and the addition of one more card.

My garden needs work.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 16
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 3 of 14
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

My scores have dipped down due to some spur of the moment inquiries. Also i have a small $500 affirm loan that reported, so hoping to recover those point losses and gain a few in the next couple months. November i plan on asking for a 3X CLI with Amex and this month asking Discover, since both are soft pulls. I have racked up my balances quite a bit but still under 30% each card. I will be paying the statement balances for my Sapphire and Discover card to avoid interest on those. 

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 4 of 14
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

My scores have dipped down due to some spur of the moment inquiries. Also i have a small $500 affirm loan that reported, so hoping to recover those point losses and gain a few in the next couple months. November i plan on asking for a 3X CLI with Amex and this month asking Discover, since both are soft pulls. I have racked up my balances quite a bit but still under 30% each card. I will be paying the statement balances for my Sapphire and Discover card to avoid interest on those. 

DISCO rarely grants CLI's prior to 6 months history and even then it's far and few in between. They normally like to start granting at 1 year.

Message 5 of 14
mgood
Valued Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

@Mdowning30 wrote:

DISCO rarely grants CLI's prior to 6 months history and even then it's far and few in between. They normally like to start granting at 1 year.

True, but . . .

When I got mine, people said Disco would not grant CLIs in the first year. But a few months later they apparently loosened up on that a little. I heard of people getting them in well under a year. So I started making monthly request starting at 5 months. I got my first one at 7 months, and another at 8 months, and another at 10 months. So three CLIs in the first year. Unfortunately it stopped at that time. It's been nearly a year without another CLI. I guess they figure they got me up to where I need to be. (And the double bonus first year ended so I stopped spending as much on that card, lol.)

So, you might not get an increase, but then again, you might.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 16
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 6 of 14
Peterparkyr
Contributor

Checking in,

July saw a lot of activity so August 9th, I officially hit the garden.  Saw a small score bump.  Middle score at 660, highest score at 687.

Fico9s looking pretty good as well.  Middle score at 684 and highest at 695.

Thanks!  See you all next month, here and in the garden club. 

Currently Rebuilding Since 1/7/2022
Gardening Since 5/13/2023 (last inquiry 5/13/2023)

Starting Score: 611
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Was in high 400s in 2020-2021

Current Scores:
Fico 8 EQ: 692
Fico 8 EX: 680
Fico 8 TR: 640
Message 7 of 14
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

@bigseegar @mgood I have read that people are getting some Disco love before 6 months, some even after 4 months.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 8 of 14
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

I am failing utterly at my stated goal of slimming my card collection. I've acquired seven cards in the last 24 months, and while some of these are great cards for other people, none are providing me more than a marginal return. I feel a wee ridiculous about the whole thing. So, in order to turn things around, I'm gardening. I'm staying off this site, and I'm gardening. I tend to acquire cards in October and February (why these months, I don't know), so if I can make it through the next five months without applying, then I will hope to have broken the cycle.

Best wishes to each of you in your goals.

Message 9 of 14
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

As expected my EX dropped 12 points (745>733) now that my Altitude Go reported. TU isn't updated but I'm expecting a similar drop.  I'm sure I'm getting dinged for the inquiry (TU), new account and high individual utilization.  Still pleased (finances over FICO!), only thing that will help is time.  On the positive side was able to pay off my small Upstart loan, so should get a minor bump for that next month.

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.