Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year old oldest data

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 year old oldest data

Any data points on oldest account turning 2 years? My oldest is turning 2 next month.Should I expect any boost? Have 7 cards 3 closed, 2 installment loans average age 10 months youngest 1 month, thx!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MediumTedium

Re: 2 year old oldest data

My Chase portal says the following for age of oldest account:

POOR
1-4
FAIR
5-7
GOOD
8-24
GREAT
25+

CK shows AAoA, with <2 years being the worst with 2-4 being the next step up.

I wouldn't expect much of a boost if you have newer accounts.

Message 2 of 7
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

I was reading about it the last few days and the scoring models that matter (Fico scores) give you points when things start turning a year.

Points at 3 months, 6 months and then finally 12 months is what I came up with lurking relevant threads on the topic here in the forums.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MediumTedium wrote:

My Chase portal says the following for age of oldest account:

POOR
1-4
FAIR
5-7
GOOD
8-24
GREAT
25+

CK shows AAoA, with <2 years being the worst with 2-4 being the next step up.

I wouldn't expect much of a boost if you have newer accounts.

That's all from CMS fluff front end summary software, so their ranges and ratings can be ignored.  It's also worth noting that the 2 references you gave above use VS 3.0 and do not provide Fico scores, so any scores seen from those sources are unmeaningful and highly irrelevant.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@omgitsMatt wrote:

I was reading about it the last few days and the scoring models that matter (Fico scores) give you points when things start turning a year.

Points at 3 months, 6 months and then finally 12 months is what I came up with lurking relevant threads on the topic here in the forums.

What you're referring to there is AoYA, or age of youngest account. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Any data points on oldest account turning 2 years? My oldest is turning 2 next month.Should I expect any boost? Have 7 cards 3 closed, 2 installment loans average age 10 months youngest 1 month, thx!!

This was posted a few years ago by the legendary @Thomas_Thumb:  (link to post)

"AoOA is not a Fico scoring factor. It is a scorecard assignment segmenter. If an increase moves you to a different scorecard your score may change is due to a shift in weighting of the factors used in scoring and the assigned min/max scores associated with the scorecard."

I will hit 2 years AoOA in December, but my AoYA will also hit 1 year which is known to give 15-20pts, so I won't really be able to tell how much comes from AoOA.

I'm really interested in what happens to your scores at that threshold!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're taking what TT said above as being factual, there would only be a couple of possible points at which AoOA "mattered" in terms of scorecard assignment.  That being said, it's completely possible that no points would be gained at any given year mark such as the 2 years in question if that doesn't result in scorecard reassignment, which it likely doesn't.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.