Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AZEO Question

Hello,

I woke up this morning only to see my Experian FICO 8 drop by 11 points!  The only difference on my report is a CC balance that went from $77 to $0, which reduced my UTIL from 13% to 11% overall based on the Experian site.  Here are my current cards/balances:

1st Progress - $0/$300 (this is the card that went from $77 to $0)

Capital One QS - $0/$800

Capital One Plat Secured - $0/$500

AMEX Delta Gold - $0/$1000

AMEX Gold Charge - $1850 Balance

Amazon Store Card - $431/$1300

I actually thought that I would get a score increase because the UTIL dropped 2% and I would only have 1 card reporting a balance.  I have since paid down the Amazon Store Card to $100 to take the UTIL of that card down to 8% and overall UTIL to 3%. 

With this score drop, my question is, do the retail store cards factor into AZEO the same as the credit cards?  Obviously the AMEX Charge Card isn't factored into UTIL, but is it the same with the Amazon Store Card in terms of AZEO?  What should be the goal for that card?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AZEO Question

Is the Amazon card in your name?  I.e. is it possibly an AU card?

If it is in your name, I think you should help the community here by repeating the test at least three more times, using the $1 trial at Credit Check Total as the tool for cheaply grabbing scores and reports.  See what happens when the card reporting the small balance is another card.  And keep repeating the test back and forth until you can say with certainty that this is indeed the problem.

PS.  Is it possible that your Amazon balance went up slightly?  It's individual utilization is 34%.  Some people report a scoring penalty when they have a card with an individual U of > 28.99% (compared with all IUs at < 28.99%).

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

All accounts are in my name... I am not the AU on any accounts including the Amazon Store Card account.  I get daily score/report updates from Experian.com... so it usually updates before even the MyFico site.  The balance on the Amazon Store Card has been the same and has not changed.  It showed it was at 34% before and is still showing at 34% now.

I believe it will report again on March 5th with the new balance, but again, I cannot for the life of me understand how my score drops 11 points, when the ONLY change to the report was the 1st Progress Card going from $77 to $0... unless the Amazon Card is not considered in the AZEO method.  If it's not considered, this would mean all 3 of my revolvers (2 Cap1 and 1 1st Progress) would be reporting zero... which I understand would impact my score negatively between 10-15 points.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!  Then I encourage you to experiment with this, repeating the test over and over again.  I.e. Exactly one reporting a small balance, with the card in question being....

(A) One of your Cap One cards

(B) Your Amazon card

Switch from A to B then to A then to B (etc.).  If you get the same result over and over again that will give you (and us) some very revealing info about how FICO is treating the Amazon card.  One test is not enough though.

Message 4 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sorry OP

Im not going to hijack this thread so this is my AZEO reply

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AZEO-fail/td-p/5520450

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I woke up this morning only to see my Experian FICO 8 drop by 11 points!  The only difference on my report is a CC balance that went from $77 to $0, which reduced my UTIL from 13% to 11% overall based on the Experian site.  Here are my current cards/balances:

1st Progress - $0/$300 (this is the card that went from $77 to $0)

Capital One QS - $0/$800

Capital One Plat Secured - $0/$500

AMEX Delta Gold - $0/$1000

AMEX Gold Charge - $1850 Balance

Amazon Store Card - $431/$1300

I actually thought that I would get a score increase because the UTIL dropped 2% and I would only have 1 card reporting a balance.  I have since paid down the Amazon Store Card to $100 to take the UTIL of that card down to 8% and overall UTIL to 3%. 

With this score drop, my question is, do the retail store cards factor into AZEO the same as the credit cards?  Obviously the AMEX Charge Card isn't factored into UTIL, but is it the same with the Amazon Store Card in terms of AZEO?  What should be the goal for that card?

Thanks!

The score drop wasn't caused by a balance dropping from $77 to $0.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.