cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved with inflated 740 fico because of a dispute.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved with inflated 740 fico because of a dispute.

Oh yeah and I gave up on the dates with them even though I have the evidence. They are off by 4 months. I don't think it really matters too much but it's the principle. I send them copies of their own reported information on credit reports and my dispute got overturned.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link. But I woke up last week to find they dropped the account off my report. It was supposed to be there for another 5 years it's only been closed a year and a half. Last missed payment about a year-and-a-half ago. But it is gone none the less.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's gone again.....
I think this time it's gone because I asked them to send me all the proof they had that it was my debt I asked for names dates all that.
I did this maybe 3 months ago and forgot about it.
But goodbye Kay's/Genesis
Hell garden until summer. When I'll enjoy my first intro 0 Apr card. What's the best to get?
I am currently pre qualified for 2 us bank cards with 0 intro APR. ( Solid aprs no range) but I'll wait and take suggestions for best card...
Or I'll get my second disco since it will be one year since I got my first in June.
Us bank discover it chrome, or something else?
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

As to what card you should get, we would need more information as to your profile and what you want and what you’re looking for. If you’re just looking for a long 0% APR there are several of those cards around but if you got preapprovals with US Bank that may be good because they are a conservative lender and good to add to your portfolio.
Did you start a formal dispute again?
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it just dropped off. I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear.
I'm basically looking for a card to transfer 2000$ I have on my DCu visa who's 0 Apr runs out in July.
My $2000 hasn't updated on my report yet. It will anyday.
Now I have 5 percent utilization. I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger on us bank pre qualification before my balance hits report. Or wait until July when I've paid down my balance a bit.
But I don't plan on paying more than half Wich would give me about 30% utilization in July.
My Experian score is 715 but with 12 inquiries.
Trans Union 695 with 6 inquiry.
My DCu card has a 10 %apr so I could keep my balance on that card to let my aaoa age(Wich is about a year...)
But I see a solid APR AT us bank and at bottom it says

Additional information
Balance transfer is available.
Make sure you choose your categories each quarter. If you do not choose your categories, all eligible net purchases will still earn 1% cash back. Category options are subject to change quarterly.
Learn more
Is this a good pre qualification
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

APR for us bank is 18.xx
I meant to ask if I freeze Experian will they try trans Union...
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtk6802: I think they normally hit TU anyway.

Well there’s a couple ways to look at this right now your scores good because of 5% utilization but as time passes those inquiries are going to drop off and that’s going to raise your score as well and you say you’re going down to 30%. Well, I’d definitely go down to 29% and get that bump before I applied if I waited.

U.S. Bank is a conservative bank I don’t know how solid their pre-qualifications are, but if it’s got a good BT option and a good rate, it might be a good option.

Edit: does it say prequalification or preapproval? If you’re going to pull the trigger on it, you should do it before you lose those points, tho.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. It says prequalify not pre-approved. I decided not to go for it and I did let my credit utilization go to 29%. It dropped my score to 700 from 715.
I still see the same cards today.
Since I've opened a couple new accounts in the last few months I think I'm going to wait until July. I'm sure when my utilization is down all the inquiries are off except for maybe two and my average age of accounts is over a year almost a year-and-a-half I should definitely get it. Until then I think I'll just let my balance on my DCU card stay until I qualify for another 0% intro card. If I do not qualify I will just pay the balance down.
I really want to pull the trigger on this card but can't afford the hard pull if I don't get the card. Thanks again for all the information.
This new score of 700 included the loan I just paid off. And my new loan that I paid down 95%.
The reason I paid the new loan down to 95% was I was worried about getting an apartment which I did already get before the statement cut but after I got the loan. No big deal since obviously won't be paying interest since it's paid off 95%.

Another question is should I let that loan sit at 95% paid until the end of the loan agreement which is May or pay it off in full since I do have one other loan my car loan? even though I probably won't be applying I like to keep my credit as high as possible in case somebody sends pre-approval to me.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fact that you’ve opened a few accounts recently does argue that you should wait a while, recent account openings indicate more risk to a lender. Lower utilization and less inquiries raises your scores indeed. Average age of accounts being over a year is a nice plus too. I agree you’ll be in a much better position then. To be honest, as young as your profile is, you need to let it mature before you start pulling the trigger anymore. I think you would be wasting hard pulls if you pull the trigger now. Even if you were approved you’re not going to get terms as good as if you waited.

As to the loan, I’m not an expert in that by any means but I think as long as you have one loan open you are getting the majority of the points necessary for the credit mix component. I don’t think you need a second one. Nevertheless I don’t think it’s going to hurt anything to leave it open. I guess it would look better for it to be open longer if you ever had underwriters look at it later.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.