Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azeo method

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Azeo method

I see this a lot in the forum but I don't know what it means. Could anyone explain?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
kimbersleep
Contributor

Re: Azeo method

@Anonymous wrote:
I see this a lot in the forum but I don't know what it means. Could anyone explain?

Hi, there is a post that describes common abbreviations on these forums, I've linked it for you here.

AZEO stands for All Zero Except One. If you have at least 3 credit card acounts, you can maximize your credit scores by having all of the cards report a $0 balance, except one which reports anywhere from 1-8.9% utilization.

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 2 of 12
SoundoftheSuburbs
New Contributor

Isn't it complicated to keep track of a balance of under 9%? I just pay everything off if I can.

February 2023 FICO 8

Equifax - 546
TransUnion - 539
Experian - 563
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't it complicated to keep track of a balance of under 9%? I just pay everything off if I can.

What matters is your reported balance, which is usually your statement balance.  You don't have to worry about this for about 25 days out of the month, but a few days before your due date and/or the date when your next statement is going to cut you're going to want to pay your previous statement balance in full, plus any new charges that would take that balance over 8.9% of the limit.  A best practice is to just leave a small balance behind, say $10-$15.  You don't have to keep your balance at under 8.9% all month long by making extra payments all the time or anything, just ensure that your reported balance lands under 8.9%.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoundoftheSuburbs wrote:

Are you saying that your cards usually report $0 for all your balances?  If so FICO is imposing a penalty of about 15-20 points on you.

Given that your scores are in the low 600s you should be looking to get every extra point you can, and certainly you should be doing this in the 40 days prior to any further application for credit.

Message 5 of 12
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

I want to make certain I have the Azeo crystal clear in my mind.  I PIF my cc’s each month.  Starting in November, I want to utilize the Azeo method.  I will be using my Cap1 cc to carry the balance.  My billing cycle ends on the 12th of each month, and payment is due by the 9th the following month.  As an example I charge $89 today on the card.  I’ll pay $64 on Nov. 5th, and when the billing cycle ends on Nov. 12th, the remaining $25 will show on the statement.  If I pay the remaining $25 on Nov. 25th, will that suffice—or do I have to pay the remaining balance on the 7th or 8th of December (I would prefer to pay much earlier, however) in order for the CRA’s to show a balance?  I only have  a cl of $500 on this card.  

Thanks for any advice!

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 6 of 12
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@CAS2019 wrote:

I want to make certain I have the Azeo crystal clear in my mind.  I PIF my cc’s each month.  Starting in November, I want to utilize the Azeo method.  I will be using my Cap1 cc to carry the balance.  My billing cycle ends on the 12th of each month, and payment is due by the 9th the following month.  As an example I charge $89 today on the card.  I’ll pay $64 on Nov. 5th, and when the billing cycle ends on Nov. 12th, the remaining $25 will show on the statement.  If I pay the remaining $25 on Nov. 25th, will that suffice—or do I have to pay the remaining balance on the 7th or 8th of December (I would prefer to pay much earlier, however) in order for the CRA’s to show a balance?  I only have  a cl of $500 on this card.  

Thanks for any advice!

Your card reports $25 on a $500 balance on November 12th. Your reported utilization will be 5%. Then you need to pay the reported balance before the due date (Dec 9) for PIF. You actually do not want to "carry" a balance as that will trigger interest payments.

For AZEO then all other cards being used need to be paid in full by the statement date (not the due date) so they report a zero statement balance.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 7 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Yeah, "carry" a balance means to revolve a balance and pay interest (or take advantage of a 0% interest period). You don't have to do that.

Post a balance, cut a balance, print a balance, etc. refer to non-zero statement balances, no matter how they're acquired. Often, members use "carry" a balance synonymously with these terms, and we need to discern whether or not interest is part of the equation.

Message 8 of 12
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

I think this is the same as I am thinking.  So I charged $89. yesterday and  pay $64 anytime before Nov. 12th, the statement will show $25 to be paid by Dec. 9th (and I won’t incur any interest charges).  This is the way to handle Azero in my case, correct?  When I used the word “balance”, I am referring the difference from the $89 minus $64.  The $25 is what I will owe on the statement.

Message 9 of 12
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@CAS2019 wrote:

Thanks for any advice!

Your card reports $25 on a $500 balance on November 12th. Your reported utilization will be 5%. Then you need to pay the reported balance before the due date (Dec 9) for PIF. You actually do not want to "carry" a balance as that will trigger interest payments.

For AZEO then all other cards being used need to be paid in full by the statement date (not the due date) so they report a zero statement balance.

Also, If all the cc’s have to be paid by the statement date,  how would you handle the various statement dates?  I have two Chase cards (different statement dates), a TJ Maxx store card, as well as the Cap1.  I tend to pay my cc’s the day it shows up on my online acct (way before the statement is cut).

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.