Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy EQ Jump, error?

tag
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Crazy EQ Jump, error?

Hi!  Here is a crazy thing, my score jumped from 645 to 823 with the only alert showing a balance decrease of $75 on an account I don't have.  It shows a BofA account decreasing $75 but I don't have any accounts now or ever with BofA.  TU/EQ no change. 

Thoughts?

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crazy EQ Jump, error?

What do you mean "No TU/EQ change... Crazy EQ Jump"?

You're probably checking CreditKarma? 

Check your credit reports for changes, probably added as an authorized user?

Message 2 of 18
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Have you compared your EQ reports before and after the change?  One thing that occurs to me w/ such a large jump on only one bureau and an alert for an account you don't recognize is a merged file.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you drop any derogatories?
Message 4 of 18
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

I'm a my FICO subscriber. No derogs dropped. I haven't been able to compare because my new report isn't available until next week. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IntegerIntrovert wrote:

No derogs dropped. I haven't been able to compare because my new report isn't available until next week. 

If you haven't been able to see your report, how would you know that no derogs dropped?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@IntegerIntrovert wrote:

No derogs dropped. I haven't been able to compare because my new report isn't available until next week. 

If you haven't been able to see your report, how would you know that no derogs dropped?

Probably because OP got a score change notifocation with no reason attached and does does not have a new report to pull from myfico.

I would pull your report from annual credit report for free (no scores)

Edit: good point about not knowing if a derog dropped or not yet without a report

That is a big score change and I am not sure if even an AU account could change it that much. Seems strange.

Message 7 of 18
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

I still have negative issues listed in myfico. But good point none the less. I'll have a new report before I can get one from annual credit report they always mail them and I can't get an online one for some reason. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not go grab your EQ report for free from Credit Karma to see what changed in the meantime while waiting on your MF report.

Message 9 of 18
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Can also get it from myEquifax, which is also where you can freeze your EQ.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.