Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted collections causing score decrease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleted collections causing score decrease

Another question... when you say “max penalty” is it for ALL medical collections or those of certain amounts? Mine range anywhere from $111 to $800. Does it make a difference if the bigger ones were to fall off from tenure (still unpaid)?
Message 11 of 18
coachbeau
Valued Member

I did a pay for delete and when it came off my score dropped. Also, I've had my score drop when other derogatory items have fallen off.
Message 12 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@coachbeau wrote:
I did a pay for delete and when it came off my score dropped. Also, I've had my score drop when other derogatory items have fallen off.

A collection is something that will banish one to the derogatory scorecards.

It's possible if there isn't much positive history, and say a 30D or 60D late or whatever on file (two different resulting scorecards), that because of the way the scorecards overlap it's possible to move down in points even if you're moving to a "cleaner" scorecard.

Will state though that if you have multiple collections, and one of them comes off, that will not result in a score drop.

The majority of times it's not rebucketing which causes a drop, it's something else that changes in the file but most people's files just aren't constant enough to really tease out every single change.

        
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your feedbackSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 18
Regular Contributor

This happened to me today.  I'm not new at this.  I looked at every line item and the only change was a medical collection was deleted.  My score dropped 28 points in the past 7 days.  WTH?

MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bassethoundmom Was your only collection? A lot can happen in seven days. What version? Source?

+1 to what Rev said.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just experienced this and its because of the age of the credit account I'm so upset my credit score dropped 37 points just from getting a collection account removed !!!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

For each of you above that had a loss that you think may be related to the collection being removed, can you please give me more profile information for each of you?

For instance I would like to know your average ages of accounts before and after. I would like to know if there were any other changes between before and after.

Do you have reports before and after or are you just relying on alerts? Which version specifically did you lose points on? and very important, do you have any remaining collections public records or other derogatories? I'd also like to get your before and after negative Reason Codes, for any versions that changed.

do you know what scorecard your on? If not, detail your derogatories, tell me your oldest account, how many accounts are on your credit report? how old is your youngest Revolver and Account?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.