Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ FICO 684

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: EQ FICO 684

Don't feel bad because it will rise. EQ is very hard on me score wise. If I even look at an inquiry or a new account my EQ dives 20- 25 points. I have no idea why either. I'm in the garden.
100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 11 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, the only way you can be rebucketed is if you are now 100% baddie-free. Was that your last baddie?

Message 12 of 15
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

OP, the only way you can be rebucketed is if you are now 100% baddie-free. Was that your last baddie?

You sure about that I thought that there was diffrent buckets for major derogs and minor derogs

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 13 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgeball wrote:

@llecs wrote:

You sure about that I thought that there was diffrent buckets for major derogs and minor derogs

The buckets are a mystery, but it is known that there are at least two buckets within the FICO versions on here, one for major baddies (e.g. accts 90 or worse, CAs, COs) and another for PRs (liens, judgments, BKs, etc.). There might very well be a bucket for 30s or 60s, but if there is, Barry never shared it. So, if you have a CO or CA drop, but have another reporting, then you cannot change buckets. Likewise, if you have a BK reporting, you can never be rebucketed until the BK goes away. I don't know what's on OP's reports, or rather I never read through OP's history to see if anything else reports. If OP is open to sharing....

Also, another source of a score drop when a CO is removed is the loss of history and/or impact to AAoA. Another would be the impact to the mix and impact to util. It's possible to lose points when a TL is deleted in each of these scenarios. IMO, always keep rebucketing in mind, but only consider it if these things were explained away and the report is baddie-free.

ETA...I probably should add that OP is basing both scores on Beacon 5.0 and whatever FICO version Discover used. I don't think Discover uses the FICO version on here. So, OP might be comparing two different FICOs. IME, Discover never pulled EQ anyway so it might be two different reports being compared.

ETA again....I can think of one scenario personally where I believe I was rebucketed and still had some 30s and 60s reporting. I had a redeemed repo. As it aged around the 5-6 yr mark, the repo comment disappeared, but lates remained. This TL showed at least three 30s and three 60s and they were about 6 yrs old at the time. As a habit back in my pre-mortgage day, I pulled each FICO report the 15th, the last day of the month and again the next day on the first of the month. IME, most score changes occurred on the first as TLs age, AAoA potentially changes, baddies drop, etc. Anyway, I pulled my report the day before  and the day after. There were zero changes and the lates remained at approx. 6 yrs, but my FICO score changed by 30+. I can't remember what direction though, not without going into my notes anyway.

There were changes to only 2 pages on my report. All balances, accounts, and dates on each TL remained the same. The changes were the two pages that have the positive/negative reasons. They all scrambled up. Positive became negative and negative became positive and that's a clear indicator of rebucketing. My oldest revolving hit 11.5 yrs that day and based on my existing bucket, I think that caused the rebucketing. This means that you can be rebucketed with older 30s and 60s because I wasn't in any bucket associated with them. Now I can't speak to newer 30s and 60s.

Message 14 of 15
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Any chance when that baddie dropped off you're AAoA went down? 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.