Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Credit Score

I pulled my EXP score on Experian.com, how many points can I give or take to determine possibly what my real score could be?

ty!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experian Credit Score

There is no reliable formula whatsoever to convert any FAKO to a FICO.

It could be higher, it could be lower, it could be off be a tiny or huge margin, and I suppose it's always possible that it could (accidentally) be the same.

edited to clarify that there are probably a bunch of formulae out there, but none work consistently for everyone all the time, so they're about as worthless as the FAKO's themselves.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-07-2009 04:20 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian

wow! 

thanks for ur help!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian

I recently pulled my score from EX -684.  I then applied for mortgage refi and they said my EX was 673.  So for me there was a 9 point negative swing.

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

To add, your FICO can go up and your FAKO through EX could go down for the same thing. One of my last CAs was removed leaving 0 CAs remaining at that time, and my EX FICO (when we could pull it) jumped 58 points. My EX FAKO via EX's PLUS score (same as on EX.com) dropped 8 points when pulled on the same day and same time. As an other example, a new CA appeared and later disappeared, but my EX FICO dropped 103 points. My EX PLUS FAKO score dropped only 60 or so. There's no correlation.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks alot everyone.  This is really helping me.

K-

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.