Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 26 Points

tag
rushingjr
Valued Member

FICO 26 Points

Email from Experian membership says my FICO score increased, so I check and see it increased 3 points...after a 26 point drop 2 weeks ago!!  

I had a credit limit and balance increase on my daughter's student loan from $8K to $16K (I'm cosigner) May 8

FICO score decrease 3 points, May 9

FICO score increase 3 points, May 23

FICO score decrease 26 points, June 6

FICO score increase  3 points, June 20

Could the student loan be the problem?  How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO 26 Points

Are you talking about putting your daughters student expenses on a CC? Whats the credit limit? If so. The balance increase passed some thresholds of amount owed. That would explain the dip in scores.

This part is a bit confusing: "I had a credit limit and balance increase on my daughter's student loan from $8K to $16K (I'm cosigner) May 8"

Message 2 of 3
rushingjr
Valued Member

Re: FICO 26 Points

Sorry for the confusion and delay.  After looking at what I typed, I'm confused too.  My daughter had a PLUS loan that went from $8k to $16k.  I was wondering if that increase was the reason for the 26 point dip.  If so, parents should have **bleep**ty credit scores for getting PLUS loans for their kids.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.