Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressive Score Drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Impressive Score Drop

^^^ those age points, plus dropping back to AZEO or to under 8.9% aggregate would possibly recover all your lost points. AZEO, <8.9% aggregate, and <8.9% individual would likely push you higher than you were.
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I don't disagree with the points made above overall, getting below 8.9% on an individual line likely isn't an issue, as the OP is at 20% on highest individual account and most won't see a penalty until over 28.9%, some even 48.9%. 

Message 12 of 34
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar thing, I am AZEO (but that one was carrying 33% a balance) and allowed that one to report at 39% this month.

Total Util went from 13% to 15%

5-8 point ding for what amounted to three hundred dollars in actual balance. It's already been paid down but sheez. Painful to see that 767 drop back to 762 and one into the 750's

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was painful to see that 698. Smiley Tongue
Message 14 of 34
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'd like to see AZEO scores just for the data point. True AZEO scores come from posting a balance of at least $5 but not much more.

Moving forward, I think you can find a comfortable spot somewhere between AZEO and where you're sitting now. You now know what it takes to drop one of your scores below 700. You may as well avoid that. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Fairly young overall. AoOA is 3 years, AAoA is 1 year, 3 months. AoYA is 7 months. Not really concerned about achieving the highest score possible currently, not aiming for any cards for at least a few months. I just thought I'd share some observations. Smiley Happy

I suspect the large swing you saw was a result of being on a new credit / accounts scorecard.

Based on a ton of anecdotal data you won't get that sort of swing once your file is more established and/or your rate of account opening slows down.  Basically you look like a bigger risk and as such even a comparitively minor blip on utilization can have an outsized impact.  Most files don't see that, and if you hold pat you'll be well above 760 quickly if not 800 if you just hang out 9 months or whatever.

        
Message 16 of 34
OmarR
Established Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I'd like to see AZEO scores just for the data point. True AZEO scores come from posting a balance of at least $5 but not much more.

I am curious as well.

AZEO only gains me 3 points on FICO8. And yes, I am aware that my current file will be less of a swing than the OP's.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarR wrote:

AZEO only gains me 3 points on FICO8.

AZEO relative to what though?  You could be talking going from 2 of 3 revolvers to 1 of 3 revolvers, or going from 2 of 20 revolvers to 1 of 20 revolvers, for example.

Message 18 of 34
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarR wrote:

AZEO only gains me 3 points on FICO8.

AZEO relative to what though?  You could be talking going from 2 of 3 revolvers to 1 of 3 revolvers, or going from 2 of 20 revolvers to 1 of 20 revolvers, for example.

Or it could be a single card with a balance change.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, so whatever it is needs to be clarified.  Simply saying that one sees 3 points from going to AZEO isn't meaningful without knowing more information.  Someone could see 0 points or 15 points, for example, based on their profile.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.