cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to obtain MYFico Score of 760 on Credit Cards Alone?

tag
MakinPenniesSqueal

Is it possible to obtain MYFico Score of 760 on Credit Cards Alone?

Does anyone have a EQ and/or TU MYFico Score of over 760 without diversifying your credit accounts (revolving, installment, etc.) and on Credit Card(s) alone? Considering Personal Loan to diversify?
-5yrs AAoA; 5% util (Revolving Accts); Oldest CC 8yrs, 2mths, No 30/60/90/120 Late Payments; No collections nor inquiries.
8/2012: MYFico(s) EQ 696 & TU 729
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is it possible to obtain MYFico Score of 760 on Credit Cards Alone?

There are many posters in here who hit 800 with no loans whatsoever (e.g. mortgage, SLs, personal loans, car, etc.).

There aren't too many that hit above 760 without a revolving. In fact, I can't think of any but might be possible.

I hit 777 on EQ FICO with no loans and an AAoA of 4 yrs. Hit 750ish on TU FICO with the same. 

Message 2 of 5
MakinPenniesSqueal

Thanks for the Tip with examples on people whom have excellent scores without loans. I was considering a personal loan just to diversify and increase my score. I currently have no debt and don't need any other loans at this time. A personal loan would of been possibly a waste of expense while lowering my AAoA. This while dropping my score a couple of points in the process. Thanks for the advice as I'll just hold my 4 credit cards for the long haul Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

I have never had an installment loan and my EX FICO was 790 when I got my letter back from my Amex BCE application. It has been a number of months since I pulled my EQ and I could have sworn it was something like 750-760. I don't know my TU FICO because there is no real way to get a useful FICO score for it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a score above 800 (813) with only credit cards (no mortgage, no car loan, no student loan).  Since doing app-o-ramas (starting 2007), my score has been in the 790 range.  Again, without any installment accounts.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.