Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just another AZEO data point

tag
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Still another AZEO DP

So I'm temporarily at AZE2 for a few days. No ding on the EX 08 score. This is the second time in 6 months. Maybe my low utilization (4% last time, 1% this time) offsets the effect of breaking AZEO? For context, dirty file with a BK7. 

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still another AZEO DP

AZEO is not guaranteed to provide a score boost over having more than one card with a balance. AZEO is promoted heavily because it optimizes all of the scoring factors that contribute the amount of debt score category. Accounts with balance, utilization (both individual and aggregate), and balance (individual and aggregate) all contribute to the amount of debt category. AZEO optimizes all of those by promoting having only 1 revolving AWB, minimal utilization and minimal balance. Not all thresholds have been discovered, and a dirty scorecard can certainly affect what thresholds are present, so it is hard to say where the maximum points are awarded. A person with multiple tradelines may be at the most optimized threshold for AWB but have multiple cards reporting balances, so they aren't going to see a benefit from AZEO.

AZEO should be implemented when you are apping for something that you want the best chances of approval for. In normal month to month scenarios I am far from implementing AZEO and I prefer it that way. I can see how much of an impact balances, utilization, and number of accounts with a balance have on my scores.

Message 22 of 35
Kforce
Valued Contributor

I haven't tested this in years however I also see no or only a point difference between AZEO and AZE2.

Message 23 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@NYC_Fella wrote:

So I'm temporarily at AZE2 for a few days. No ding on the EX 08 score. This is the second time in 6 months. Maybe my low utilization (4% last time, 1% this time) offsets the effect of breaking AZEO? For context, dirty file with a BK7. 

In my experience AZEO is pretty much meaningless for FICO 8 scores. 

Where it  has more significance is in the older scoring models, most notably the mortgage scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 24 of 35
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@NYC_Fella wrote:

In my experience AZEO is pretty much meaningless for FICO 8 scores. 

Where it  has more significance is in the older scoring models, most notably the mortgage scores.

Absolutely.  And it's not just 1 card in 3 reporting, either.  One means one.  If you have 2 cards reporting (rather than just one), your mortgage score will almost certainly take a hit.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 25 of 35
bachi607
New Contributor

Re: Just another AZEO data point

Thank you for helpful DPs

DCUSantander-UltimateBECUBECU VISAAmexUS BankPenFedPenFed_GoldSantander-SphereAppleDiscover ItSynchrony
Message 26 of 35
NRB525
Super Contributor

@NYC_Fella wrote:

How many total CC revolvers do you have? Thus, what percentage of cards is 1/x vs the 2/x ?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 27 of 35
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@NYC_Fella wrote:

How many total CC revolvers do you have? Thus, what percentage of cards is 1/x vs the 2/x ?

I have 8 primary plus 4 AU. So as primary, the percentages would be 12.5% for AZEO and 25% for AZE2.

Message 28 of 35
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Update

Went from AZEO to AZE2 to AZE3 and now to AZE4 over the last few months as an experiment. No drop in EX 08 score at all.

Dirty thick files seem insensitive to AZEX as long as total utilization is below 5%. At least in my case!

Message 29 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Update

@NYC_Fella wrote:

Went from AZEO to AZE2 to AZE3 and now to AZE4 over the last few months as an experiment. No drop in EX 08 score at all.

Dirty thick files seem insensitive to AZEX as long as total utilization is below 5%. At least in my case!

FICO 8's of clean thick files are also insensitive to it, in my experience.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.