Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice - Scoring differences?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice - Scoring differences?

Hey All - i have gotten my freshly updated report and my fico 8 scores increased with 2 of the CRAs. When i checked the mortgage fico scores, both Equifax and Transunion dropped? My utilization has not increased, no late payments, no new accounts or inquiries. Any ideas on a how a score could increase but then decrease under the mortgage scores?

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice - Scoring differences?

Only thing I know for sure is that mortgage scores are very sensitive to the number of accounts with a balance. Do you have any cards that were at zero but now have a balance? I know that would trigger a drop, even if you paid a corresponding amount off on another card without zeroing it out.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just double checked the balances and all accounts kept at zero were left at zero and all other balances decreased. The only change I MIGHT be able to conclude was i removed several old addresses off of a report, would this attribute to it possibly? I also had two credit limit increases with no new inquieres. 

Thanks a million for your help buddy! 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

None of the name removals would do this. Score changes are directly driven by numerical data on your reports. I don’t see where CLIs would do it either unless there’s some provision in mortgage scoring that sees it as a risk in that you have a greater ability to incur debt that could otherwise be used to pay against that mortgage. However I think that’s a reach.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were you I would repost this question in the mortgage scoring subforum, as there will be guys over there who know the ins and outs as the experts in this subforum know credit card details. You may find quicker answers there.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.