Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Calculating Possible Score

tag
gorgon
Established Contributor

Need Help Calculating Possible Score

My stats are in my signature.

I am trying to figure out what will happen to my scores when Cap1 and Indigo decide to report my new cards with them. Any guesses?

Cards will report as such:  $0/250 on OpenSky, $0/300 on Indigo, and $150/3000 on Cap1

Current AAoA (average of all 3 CRAs) 5 yrs 11 months

I guess my AoYA would be 1 month (OpenSky - only one statement has cut so far)

Is there other info that may help the more FICO savvy make an educated guess?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help Calculating Possible Score

Are your credit card balances going from $0 on one card to $150 on three cards?

If so, you were experiencing a 15-20 point penalty for having $0 in CC debt.  That penalty will vanish with the CapOne reporting a positive balance.

You may get some takers who wish to make guesses about scoring impact.  But it will still be guesswork.  Any particular reason you don't want to just wait and see?  FICO 8 scores only cost a buck at CCT.

Message 2 of 6
gorgon
Established Contributor

Like another poster on this subforum, I am trying to move to a different apartment. They also happen to want a score above 650 to overlook my BK. They said my current on-time rent history and a 650+ score will get me a lease. I don't know how long it will take them to report my new CCs, and It's getting colder, so I'm hoping to get an idea if I'll be moving now, or in the Spring.

The other post inspired me to ask here, but I didn't want to post with a similar title and confuse anyone thinking it was a duplicate post.

If I knew they checked only Equifax I'd be good now, but the lady in the leasing office didn't know which one they pulled, and I don't want to take any chances of another HP that will drop my score even more.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your AoYA prior to the new account and AoYA drop to 0 months?  What will your before/after AAoA be?  These answers will impact what may happen to your score.

Message 4 of 6
gorgon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What was your AoYA prior to the new account and AoYA drop to 0 months?  What will your before/after AAoA be?  These answers will impact what may happen to your score.

My last card before my BK was opened in November 2016 so would my previous AoYA be 1 yr 11 months?

I don't know how to figure what my new AAoA would be, but it was 6yrs 3 months before the OpenSky reported. Does it always take the same months off with each new account?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your OP and the fact that you're only asking about CapOne and Indigo, I'm guessing OpenSky has already reported to the CRAs, am I correct? If so, you have already taken the hit for resetting AoYA to zero.

To figure out new AAoA in months,

A = new AAoA

B = old AAoA

C = number of accounts (open and closed, CC and installment, not counting the new account)

A = (B x C +1) / (C +1)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.