Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to bump 2 points on my middle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to bump 2 points on my middle

Hi Forum! This has been so educational. You guys are geniuses. 

so here's my sitch: 

ive been paying down debts, got about 5K in on eliminating CC debt, then consolidated the other 8K for lower interest rate. That's been a huge help. 
Found my dream house. Smiley Happy Worked with my fabulous loan officer to do a full sniper job on my credit reports, paid off some really old collections, aimed for that magic 700 to qualify for the best loan product. 

I got my MTG TU to 704, EX to 692, and my EQ to *698*. 2 measly points short on my middle. I've been losing sleep over it. It's going to cost me $189 on my mortgage payment. If I can get my middle up those 2 points in the next few weeks, we can rapid rescore me and get me transferred to the other loan product. 

stats (please ask me for more if I'm leaving anything out)

cc1: balance 410, limit 3300 (13% usage)

cc2: balance 19 (actually 0 but not reflected yet), limit 2250 (<1%)

cc3 0 balance, 1000 limit

cc4: 0 balance, 3000 limit

pers loan 1: 7825, 8000 orig (97% usage)

pers loan 2: 2161, 3657 orig (72% usage)

student loan: 3657, in good standing, never late. 

where do you think would be my best shot of getting 2-5 points on my equifax 5 that would cost me less than $1000? 

thanks for your brainstorming!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to bump 2 points on my middle

If you could get cc1 to a utilization less than 8.9% that could offer you a couple points.

Message 2 of 18
donkort
Valued Contributor

I think that would do it!

I recently got 4 points for merely bringing a couple of cards to zero from less than 1% utilization.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Angel! 
I paid it down to 8% utilization on Saturday, looks like it hasn't hit the accounts reports yet. I also paid down $400 of my student loan. These were based on the simulator, both of those actions predicted a 5 point increase on each of the 3 scores on FICO 8. I know that's not a guarantee predictor, and I don't know if it affects the mortgage scores at all. I'm hoping for any other ideas that could possibly help. 

TWO points! Gaaah!

Message 4 of 18
donkort
Valued Contributor

And also paying something towards Personal Loan 1-----if paying the $410 fails to bring the two points.

I got a score bump for going under 6% utilization, too.

I'm inclined towards you paying the $410, if you could.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on which CC it is it should only take a couple days after your statement cut to report.

Message 6 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Excellent advice from above.

Once AZEO All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance, you should be able to gain points.

Ensure the reporting card is a bank card and not a store card.

Experian should be reporting quickest followed by TU or EQ.

When are your statement close dates for CC1 and CC2?

Message 7 of 18
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you could get cc1 to a utilization less than 8.9% that could offer you a couple points.

+1

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure how to find my statement closing dates- would I find that on my statements or on my credit bureau reports? 

CC1 is chase bank, CC2 is USAA. Looks like last time the chase card was reported was in January, and my statements are always issued the 24th. Maybe I'll see the <8.9% utilization in the coming days, hopefully!

Message 9 of 18
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Although each profile is different, I received 18 pts on my EX when I went from 2/8 revolvers (4% agg UTL, not one over 20%) at the time to 1/8 revolvers reporting (5%).  Even with a little higher UTL but less than 8% and 6% it give credence to the AZEO method commonly suggested for maximizing MTG scores. Lost 12 when I reported 2/8 the following month with an AGG UTL of  2%.  No change on FICO 8 BTW.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.