Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to bump 2 points on my middle

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Need to bump 2 points on my middle

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure how to find my statement closing dates- would I find that on my statements or on my credit bureau reports? 

CC1 is chase bank, CC2 is USAA. Looks like last time the chase card was reported was in January, and my statements are always issued the 24th. Maybe I'll see the <8.9% utilization in the coming days, hopefully!

It should show on your statement. It's the end of your billing cycle. That's usually the date your lender would be submitting the reports to the CRAs.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, my billing cycle ended today at 8% utilization of the Chase card. The simulator didn't show that Equifax would be affected, just Transunion. My student loan paydown in the simulator showed Equifax getting a boost, but it looks like those always report on the 31st, so it might be a few days. I'll update if I see any changes!

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: 

My reports now all reflect that I'm at 8% utilization on a single CC (Chase) and the other 3 are a $0 balance. This resulted in my Experian MTG FICO score going up 10 points to 702! This was my lowest of the 3 MTG scores, I didn't think it could get over the 700 threshhold. But it did. So now I'm at EQ 698, TU 704, and EX 702. I will wait for my student loan balance reduction of $500 te be reflected on my statement tomorrow, then submit it all for a rapid refinance through my lender to see if the other 2 scores made a jump as well. 

So my middle score is over 700, no matter what, this is good news for my application! I had to have a middle of over 700 to apply for a conventional loan (I hated having to settle for an FHA). There's no guarantee the underwriter will approve me for the conventional loan, but with the 700+ I am at least eligible to apply. 

I'll update in a few days with the results of the RR and then again once I hear whether I'm officially approved! :happy dance:

Message 13 of 18
donkort
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on being over 700----at the right time!

What bank is this?  They seem pretty strict.  

Usually, the minimum score for a conventional loan would be something like 620, 640, 660.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

It's with New American. This is for a first time buyer loan with lower DP requirements, so maybe that factors in. I'm not putting 20% down. 

Message 15 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your points!
Message 16 of 18
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Congratulations, @Anonymous. Smiley Happy

For future reference, Chase will report your balance any time you call in and ask them to. Discover is another bank that offers that service.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good info to know, thanks!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.