Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions

tag
Svthhvn
Contributor

Opinions

Hey guys! 
Hope everyone is well. I'm just wondering...I will be having an account removed from my credit reports soon with a 15 month string of 60-89 day lates. The lates are from 2016-17. I will still have 1 account with 7 30 day lates showing(also 2016-17) What are the odds that I will see a score bump with all 60-89 day lates gone?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Opinions

I feel like you might get at least a somewhat decent bump once those 60-89 lates are gone.  30-day lates individually tend to have less impact after a few years.  I'm not sure about multiple 30-day lates, though.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Svthhvn wrote:

Hey guys! 
Hope everyone is well. I'm just wondering...I will be having an account removed from my credit reports soon with a 15 month string of 60-89 day lates. The lates are from 2016-17. I will still have 1 account with 7 30 day lates showing(also 2016-17) What are the odds that I will see a score bump with all 60-89 day lates gone?

I have no personal experience with it, but I'm guessing you'll get some modest gains.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 8
Svthhvn
Contributor

Just to update, experian updated today. Lost 5 points. I'm assuming because the entire trade line was deleted it dropped my Aaoa. 😠. Oh well only 1 negative trade line left.

Message 4 of 8
Svthhvn
Contributor

Next update Fico 9 increased by 4. Waiting on a Transunion fico 8 update. Should be any day now. However it will include a significant decrease in utilization on several cards and overall.

Message 5 of 8
donkort
Valued Contributor

I feel it's the 30-day lates that are reducing your increases.  Probably because there's more than one.

I hope other accounts update soon, and give you more of an increase.

Message 6 of 8
Svthhvn
Contributor

I agree. I'm working on good willing that now. Fingers crossed for success. Unfortunately it wasn't a straight string of lates. It was hit and miss over a period several months. So with natural aging it will be beginning of 2023 I believe before they are gone.

Message 7 of 8
donkort
Valued Contributor

You have about 9 months to go before all those lates are erased.

Do you have ambitions towards getting new credit?

If not, 9 months tends to go by pretty fast.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.