cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Score Experts- 0% uti but....

tag
uga03
Established Member

Re: Question for Score Experts- 0% uti but....

More than likely it’s being considered a consumer account and not a credit card which carries a low negative impact. Also, credit usage normally refers to your allocation towards types of credit & not your ratio of credit limits. I wouldn’t worry too much about leaving a balance on one of your credit cards as this is not a straight forward factor & will not raise your score on its own merit...
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate

Second point, it's not Revolving vs. Charge that's a problem, it's Term = 1 month for the exclusion.

Can you elaborate on this at all?  My Lowes card for term says "revolving" just like my other bank cards.  Are you saying then that this store card would definitely be considered by the FICO algorithm (not ignored) even though the account type states "charge" rather than "revolver?"  Does this mean that all store cards that are excluded from being counted state "1 month" under term?  I've never looked at that field before until now.

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uga03More than likely it’s being considered a consumer account and not a credit card which carries a low negative impact.

Is your response above to the OP or someone else?  If it's the OP, I'd strongly disagree with you that his Amazon store card is being viewed as a CFA.

Message 23 of 34
uga03
Established Member

I was and I actually agree with you but from what the OP stated it sounded as though that was the case. From my experience, Equifax is bad about this as far as in their score breakdown, they would state that I have too many CFA’s when I actually wouldn’t have any but they considered a store card a CFA. I don’t know if it was actually calculated as that in the score but they definitely said that’s what it was. I whole heartedly agree that it shouldn’t be or at least see no reason as to it having a negative impact since there’s no logical reasoning that this increases risk.
Message 24 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I would want to see every tradeline on the report and the full reason codes before suggesting that any store card = CFA.

I have had a store card, from the same underwriter (Synchrony) as have plenty of others, without that CFA tag showing up on the reports on bureaus that it reports to... almost always CFA's are of the installment loan format, actually I cannot think of one offhand that is not.

More likely it was an auto loan since some dealer financing loans appear to have been recharacterized.  CFA's suck, and yeah Equifax does hate them in my experience, but Synchrony tradelines aren't counted as such unless that is a very recent change.

        
Message 25 of 34
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Yes, it's reported as a charge card and the balance was $345. 

It's rather strange.. /shrugs

Next month I''ll have it report zero and allow a visa to report and see what happens.. 

Hi Pika.  Charge cards do not count toward utilization in FICO 8.  That's why, from that algorithm's perspective, you had all your credit cards at $0.  Because you did in fact have all your credit cards at $0 (a charge card is not a credit card).

When AZEO is formally described, there's typically the disclaimer that the one card that reports a balance should be...

(a)  A true credit card (not a charge card)

(b)  A card in your name (not an AU card)

(c)  A card with a balance of at least $5

(d)  A card with a credit limit of at least 34.9k

Much of the time, however, people omit those four caveats.

Thank you very much CreditGuyInDixie!

That makes it a lot more clear!!

Hats off.gif

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RevelateI would want to see every tradeline on the report and the full reason codes before suggesting that any store card = CFA.

I have had a store card, from the same underwriter (Synchrony) as have plenty of others, without that CFA tag showing up on the reports on bureaus that it reports to... almost always CFA's are of the installment loan format, actually I cannot think of one offhand that is not.

Agreed.  If store cards were ever considered CFAs we'd have at the very least a handful (probably more) of people on this forum referencing presence of CFA negative reason statements.

Message 27 of 34
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@uga03More than likely it’s being considered a consumer account and not a credit card which carries a low negative impact.

Is your response above to the OP or someone else?  If it's the OP, I'd strongly disagree with you that his Amazon store card is being viewed as a CFA.

This.. ^^

It is definitely NOT a CFA.

I've had the card several years and at times allowed a small balance to report up to $1500. once IIRC but mostly I PIF.

Made the mistake of believing it would count in the AZEO equation- it did not.

It's no biggie, I'm not trying to raise my score for anything important but I am trying to learn the algorithm for the future.

CHEERS

Message 28 of 34
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RevelateI would want to see every tradeline on the report and the full reason codes before suggesting that any store card = CFA.

Agreed.  If store cards were ever considered CFAs we'd have at the very least a handful (probably more) of people on this forum referencing presence of CFA negative reason statements.

Oh my stars YES! 

I have a couple of these from AFFIRM, from a few years ago.

They're terrible- they were originally a hidden tradeline but then changed their terms and began reporting..

I always paid them off early so the accounts are positive BUT they aren't. 

I had no idea these would be a neg on my score and they are exactly what keeps my EX score considerably lower than the other two. angry bird.gif

I've not seen any card or other line I have that reports as a CFA

Message 29 of 34
uga03
Established Member

That’s what throws me off...no tradeline reports as a CFA. Only in the score explanation where they list positive and nagative factors is there reference to having CFA’s as a negative impact. But I have no CFA’s, not a single one so I’m not sure what they’re referring to. I have 2 auto loans, one with Honda & the other through CO. 2 credit cards & 1 store card.
Nothing I have could be even remotely confused for a CFA.
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.