cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Established Contributor

Quick question

If you can get a charge off taken off your reports typically how many points can your score go up? I know its a case by case scenario but just an idea of how much. I have one that is not reporting correctly from1st premier its from 2010. Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Contributor

Re: Quick question

@Booboo71 wrote:

If you can get a charge off taken off your reports typically how many points can your score go up? I know its a case by case scenario but just an idea of how much. I have one that is not reporting correctly from1st premier its from 2010. Thanks

Mine went down 8 points. (AAoA)

Smiley Wink

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 2 of 14
Established Contributor

Hey Nixon! I appreciate your input on the site! So you actually lost points? Ugghh I hate explaining the 1st premier when I have applied for CC's. 

Message 3 of 14
Super Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

Hey Nixon! I appreciate your input on the site! So you actually lost points? Ugghh I hate explaining the 1st premier when I have applied for CC's. 

You betcha! I lost two of my oldest accounts on TU, and thus my AAoA went down accordingly, which despite being negatives, lowered my score. How's that for a kick in the face? Smiley Tongue

But now I don't have to explain those C/O's to Barclay's reconsideration people anymore!

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 4 of 14
Established Contributor

Thanks for the input! And yes that account always comes up. I have them reporting different things on all 3 reports so Im thinking of faxing a letter to them since the dates are all over the place.

Message 5 of 14
Super Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

Thanks for the input! And yes that account always comes up. I have them reporting different things on all 3 reports so Im thinking of faxing a letter to them since the dates are all over the place.

Dispute with supporting information would do you wonders.

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 6 of 14
Established Contributor

Dispute with 1st premier or credit bureaus?

Message 7 of 14
Super Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

Dispute with 1st premier or credit bureaus?

CRA's

There should be a dropdown for incorrect dates/amts/etc.

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 8 of 14
Established Contributor

Ok, but how do they know from one credit bureau to the other Transunion Vs Experiam and such. 

Message 9 of 14
Established Contributor

I can see it with my fico with all 3 bureaus side by side. But how does one know from the other?

Message 10 of 14