Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW alert...confused

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

SW alert...confused

i received an alert dated yesterday indicating my score has changed.was hoping my accounts updated to zero balance and increased my score. but the alert said my score went down from 655. i disputed incorrect dob and incorrect judgement satisfied date which is still under investigation. the other thing i corrected was initiated by verizon where i had them update their tl to say paid co. it didnt indicate paid previously...this has been updated. and everything else on my report is the same. so im not sure why the my score would go down. i haven't bought an updated EQ score...but im just confused as to why my score went down. any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: SW alert...confused

I have had this happen with me before also. It appears that the alerts are always behind.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

I have had this happen with me before also. It appears that the alerts are always behind.

being subscribed to SW...whenever your EQ score changes, does it update the score in the member center as well? or do you have to buy the score to find out? because i could have sworn when i was subscribed to it two years ago, the score in my member center updated whenever i received a score alert. unless im mixing it up because i also bought some scores during the previous subscription.

Message 3 of 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Yes it will update in the member center. So, I would not worry about it. The email alert was just late getting to you! That is what it was with mine anyways.

I wasted the money to buy a new report the day that happened just to find out it was only a delay!

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

ok thanks for the info. just got confused because of the alert and no change in score when i logged in to my account.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would guess the updating of the Verizon CO did it, based on the items you posted. Certainly pull EQ from somewhere to see. You really wouldn't want to mess with the updating of paid or unpaid baddies. Depending on the changes it can drop your FICO.

Message 6 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I would guess the updating of the Verizon CO did it, based on the items you posted. Certainly pull EQ from somewhere to see. You really wouldn't want to mess with the updating of paid or unpaid baddies. Depending on the changes it can drop your FICO.

The change was only 3 pts., but it was in the wrong direction Smiley Very Happy. I checked the report from the "dispute status" in EQ and the only thing Verizon updated was the comment indicating that it is a paid CO instead of just CO before. But one thing I also noticed is that the status still says CO. That line was what I really wanted them to updated because the other two CRB indicate on the account status as paid CO.

But it just hit me just now..correct me if im wrong. Does the slight decrease have to do with how now the reported date is showing as of 06/03/2013? Or that date wouldn't matter because report still shows that the last payment date was back in 2009?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.