Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second CC with same CCC

tag
ficus
Regular Contributor

Second CC with same CCC

My first CC is over a decade old. I've just recently applied for a second card from the same CCC, and anticipate being easily approved due to my good long-standing payment history with the CCC and relatively good scores (TU 730, EQ 701, EX 671). My question is would it have been a better strategy to have tried to get this second card from a different CCC? Does any of this affect the FICO scores in general or in particular? The original reason for deciding to go with the same CCC was to avoid being denied (for whatever reason) and left with a hard inquiry for nothing. I wish to know if it matters, for when I apply for more cards in the distant future. Could someone elaborate on this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Second CC with same CCC

ficus wrote:
My first CC is over a decade old. I've just recently applied for a second card from the same CCC, and anticipate being easily approved due to my good long-standing payment history with the CCC and relatively good scores (TU 730, EQ 701, EX 671). My question is would it have been a better strategy to have tried to get this second card from a different CCC? Does any of this affect the FICO scores in general or in particular? The original reason for deciding to go with the same CCC was to avoid being denied (for whatever reason) and left with a hard inquiry for nothing. I wish to know if it matters, for when I apply for more cards in the distant future. Could someone elaborate on this?

It doesn't matter if you have one card from two different CCCs or two with one. This is not going to have any negative impact to your scores.
Message 2 of 3
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

Re: Second CC with same CCC

Only bad thing about it is if the CCC shuts you out, which would leave you with nothing.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, but you should be fine as long as you don't do anything too terribly stupid with the cards ;-p

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.