Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Scorecard???

tag
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Strange Scorecard???

So I just updated my monthly Experian, all scores. This past month, instead of AZEO, I decided to try let a balance post on every single account I have, which is the following:

13 Revolvers, two of them being AU

1 Auto Lease thats at 14/36 months

1 Mortgage thats 3 months old

For the bad, I've got 3 CO accounts that are PIF and all about 5 1/2 years old. 

My last late was on a closed auto loan 32 months ago. I'm sitting at 15% aggregate utilization. All scores jumped today. 

EX8 from 678 to 690

EQ8 from 655 to 658

TU8 from 677 to 693

All 15 accounts reporting a balance. Last month when reporting AZEO, I stayed stagnant at the above scores. My EQ is low because a CO decided to update and now it's showing my last late as 3 months ago which is bothering the **bleep** out of me. I can't stand Macy's. 

Anyways, one scorecard on TU states "heavy use of available credit 15%"

Strange this Fico stuff, very strange. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Strange Scorecard???

@Dmessina666 wrote:

So I just updated my monthly Experian, all scores. This past month, instead of AZEO, I decided to try let a balance post on every single account I have, which is the following:

13 Revolvers, two of them being AU

1 Auto Lease thats at 14/36 months

1 Mortgage thats 3 months old

For the bad, I've got 3 CO accounts that are PIF and all about 5 1/2 years old. 

My last late was on a closed auto loan 32 months ago. I'm sitting at 15% aggregate utilization. All scores jumped today. 

EX8 from 678 to 690

EQ8 from 655 to 658

TU8 from 677 to 693

All 15 accounts reporting a balance. Last month when reporting AZEO, I stayed stagnant at the above scores. My EQ is low because a CO decided to update and now it's showing my last late as 3 months ago which is bothering the **bleep** out of me. I can't stand Macy's. 

Anyways, one scorecard on TU states "heavy use of available credit 15%"

Strange this Fico stuff, very strange. 

Just so you know, accounts "age" on the first of the month for scoring purposes and typically increases in scores that occur on the first are due to aging. It is not clear when the last score update was that you are comparing today's score to. 

Message 2 of 10
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Well that explains the increase. Nothing else changed except for

balances reporting. A few scores on MF also gave me the "heavy use" card since I went from 1 to 13 accounts reporting a balance. That caused me to take a hit

on F9 across the board. Big drops. 

Not that it matters, just surprised to see that. Unknowingly to me, a lot of

accounts reporting a balance affects Fico 9 substantially. I'm talking 40-45 point drops across the board on 9. 

I wanted to test it out. Now that my mortgage and house is wrapped up, I wanted to fool around with what's reporting and see what the outcome was. 

Message 3 of 10
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

That makes sense, so let me ask you this..........Are the score changes on the 1st of the month strictly aging related, or are there other factors taken into account on that day also???

Like I mentioned above, all of my revolvers are currently reporting a balance. I plan on switching back to AZEO, and should be at that point in about a week or so. The second half of my experiment, bringing it back to have one reporting a balance and keep it that way until October 1st. I guess we'll see what happens, I'm trying to break 700 for the first time in a long time. 

currently at:

EX8 - 690

TU8 - 693

EQ8 - 658

This is from my rebuild that started 4/2019 where I had 4 collections, 8 CO'S and no open revolvers or accounts whatsoever. I was aggressive, stacked on HP'S like crazy (home an auto shopping) along with cards, and opened more than your average number of accounts in 12 months. It worked for me tho, definitely not for everyone. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aging related changes occur on the first other changes can also occur simultaneously.

Utilization is less important on a dirty scorecard.
Message 5 of 10
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I was unaware of utilization being less important on a dirty. What are the main scoring factors on a dirty card??? You know, besides making on time payments. 

Message 6 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Aging related changes occur on the first other changes can also occur simultaneously.

Utilization is less important on a dirty scorecard.

Lolwut?

While new accounts might be "less important", utilization is very important on dirty files

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don’t take it from me:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/63048i0A7A86AF0CE37CEA/image-size/large?v...

Might be important, but not comparatively to a clean card per fico. (Twenty twenty.)Smiley WinkSmiley Tongue

@Dmessina666 check out the graph above from fico; it's also in the Scoring Primer.

Message 8 of 10
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don’t take it from me:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/63048i0A7A86AF0CE37CEA/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999

Might be important, but not a comparatively to a clean card per fico. (Twenty twenty.)

@Dmessina666 check out the graph above from fico; it's also in the Scoring Primer.

You should be more precise in your phrasing, that image says "highest utilization" not total utilization, so individual card utilization is less important. There are tons of data points on this forum that even on a dirty scorecard paying down high utilization can greatly increase scores. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don’t take it from me:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/63048i0A7A86AF0CE37CEA/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999

Might be important, but not a comparatively to a clean card per fico. (Twenty twenty.)

You should be more precise in your phrasing, that image says "highest utilization" not total utilization, so individual card utilization is less important. There are tons of data points on this forum that even on a dirty scorecard paying down high utilization can greatly increase scores. 

@dragontears Oh I don't doubt that it can greatly increase scores, it's simply does less on dirty cards, according to the graph. And what is net fraction revolving burden then? Is that not aggregate revolving utilization being weighted less, just as individual revolving utilization is being weighted less?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.