Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Just Mind Boggling!!

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: This is Just Mind Boggling!!

My top scores are listed in my signature: I do have a CFA and the reason code was plastered everywhere on EQ / EX (TU doesn't report the account, small mercies for my worst report).

Fact is a CFA won't hold you back from an 800+ FICO 8 score, nor will it hold you back from a 760+ mortgage trifecta.

While I do think they should be avoided unless financially necessary (finaces > FICO after all) from my data they don't make that much difference.  Current scores vs. top scores in the signature line?  That's a recent 30D late for comparison.

        
Message 21 of 22
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: This is Just Mind Boggling!!

@Revelate wrote:

My top scores are listed in my signature: I do have a CFA and the reason code was plastered everywhere on EQ / EX (TU doesn't report the account, small mercies for my worst report).

Fact is a CFA won't hold you back from an 800+ FICO 8 score, nor will it hold you back from a 760+ mortgage trifecta.

While I do think they should be avoided unless financially necessary (finaces > FICO after all) from my data they don't make that much difference.  Current scores vs. top scores in the signature line?  That's a recent 30D late for comparison.

I feel like my 30 day late is what's holding me back, but obviously it isn't. I'm still waiting for the CRA's to delete it. I think I'll contact CIG again and see if they can send another request to have it deleted. I think the only thing that's really holding my scores back now is just time. As long as I continue to pay my bills on time, I'll be fine.

How much of a hit did you initially take when the 30 day late posted?

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.